Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocker Guards- Pure Jeep or Shrockworks?

Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Guards- Pure Jeep or Shrockworks?

I have the money for some rocker guards and I'm debating between the Shrockworks or the Pure Jeep. I like the looks of the Pure Jeep better but I'm not sure if I like the fact that they are body mounted.

Does anyone have the Pure Jeep Sliders? If so, does that bar support your weight as a step?
Which sliders did you go with and why?
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Have you checked out Body Armors Rocksliders they are about 475 and they are suppost to be some of the best I read a review that eddie wrote about at one of the shows he was at. If you check out 4wd.com they have buy a body armor rear bumber and tire carrier and receive the rock sliders free which is an awesome deal!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mountain man
I have the money for some rocker guards and I'm debating between the Shrockworks or the Pure Jeep. I like the looks of the Pure Jeep better but I'm not sure if I like the fact that they are body mounted.

Does anyone have the Pure Jeep Sliders? If so, does that bar support your weight as a step?
Which sliders did you go with and why?
Thanks for your help.

One of the other moderators, Rubimon, has the PJ rocker guards. I will let him know about this thread.
You can see them, and get some input about them on theis thread: PUREJEEP 2-Door Formed Crawler Rocker Guards

I will have the PJ rocker guards as soon as cash allows.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can see more photos of the preliminary ones at the 2006 Sema show here:

FULL-TRACTION Custom Orange Metallic Jeep JK Wrangler 2-Door

If the production ones are like this, i would say they protect pretty well!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had/have both of the models you are wondering about.

They are both rock solid sliders. I happen to like the look of the PJ ones and the added clearance they give me. Also with the new plate, it acts a little like a splash guard. The way they wrap the bottom edge of the tub, just looks real clean to me. It especially hides that ugly pinch seam.

It comes down to personal preference and whether you can get yourself to drill holes in your Jeep. If you can't, the Shrockworks would be my next choice. The look good for a frame mounted slider and are strong as heck.

I am very happy with my PJ formed rocker guards. I have waited since last years SEMA show to get them.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rock sliders

Shrockworks for hard core rock crawling and ultimate protection and Pure Jeep for everything else. I am sure the body mounted slider works great but a hard hit to the outside tube step on the corners could bend your tub. I have the shrockworks and they are very solid.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

So itt basically comes down to purpose:
If you want bomber protection and you are going to thrash the hell out of your jeep = Shrockworks.
I'm going to drive my jeep around and wheel on the weekends. I definately like the look of the PJ ones better and don't mind doing some drilling. I think the PJ ones will be more than enough protection for what I will be doing.

But the question still remains, can the PJ hold up for a long time being used as a step?

Thanks for all your advice.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floridamud
Have you checked out Body Armors Rocksliders they are about 475 and they are suppost to be some of the best I read a review that eddie wrote about at one of the shows he was at. If you check out 4wd.com they have buy a body armor rear bumber and tire carrier and receive the rock sliders free which is an awesome deal!
Yeah, that is a great deal and I've looked into it. But first, I don't have that much money right now. And second, I think I've convinced myself into the PJ sliders. I will contemplate for a little longer and make up my mind in a bit.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting for the PJ sliders that are not the body mount, they look pretty similar to the Shrockworks. I would not reccomend the Body Armour though I do like the looks. While I have no personal experience with the Body Armour's, there have been numerous complaints on this forum about their fitment. I was going to buy them before I read all of the threads on here about them since I am tired of waiting for the PJ's but PJ quality is excellent while the time to market sucks!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountain man
But the question still remains, can the PJ hold up for a long time being used as a step?
No problem as a step. I'm 200lbs and can bounce on them all day!

Quick Reply: Rocker Guards- Pure Jeep or Shrockworks?