Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocker Guards - Opinion

Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Guards - Opinion

I am looking to replace my Sahara Side Steps with some rocker guards. I want ones that are easy to install without drilling or other mods. I was looking at these two. Can anyone give opinions or other suggestions. I am not sure if the Olympic ones are easy to install, there are no instructions.

Smittybilt 76644 - Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards in Textured Black for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Olympic 4x4 Products 271-171 - Olympic 4x4 Products Xtreme Double Slider Bars for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nathanmares
I am looking to replace my Sahara Side Steps with some rocker guards. I want ones that are easy to install without drilling or other mods. I was looking at these two. Can anyone give opinions or other suggestions. I am not sure if the Olympic ones are easy to install, there are no instructions.

Smittybilt 76644 - Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards in Textured Black for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Olympic 4x4 Products 271-171 - Olympic 4x4 Products Xtreme Double Slider Bars for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
I've got the SRCs. I'll be replacing them soon as they provide almost zero protection unless you hit them at their mounting points (only 2). If you hit anywhere in between they just flex in and hit the body. It's better than nothing, but just barely.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Ace as well. There's a ton of info/pics on the site about them.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

That price on the src's is high for that style. You can get the step style for that price on 4wheelparts.com or with discount code you can get them closer to 260 on auto anything.com . ordered the step style src's from auto anything yesterday and they are getting delivered today. But one of their distribution centers is 2 hours away from me. So that works out well. Discount code is 2013loyal . always check retailmenot.com and see if u can sweeten the deal.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nathanmares

Ace and Olympic are 2 great brands to check out. As it's been said the Smittybilt ones don't offer as much protection compared to some of the others on the market. We sell both ACE and Olympic, among other brands of Rocker Guards. This summer I'll be getting a set of rockers for my 2-door 2012 and am between ACE and the PureJeep ones.

I like the look and protection of the ACE sliders, especially with an OEM rocker guard to fill the gap between the body and the ACE Slider. The PureJeep one's offer the most protection in my opinion. They sandwich the body and cover the underside as well, so you're covered on both sides.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions you have and I'll gladly help you out!
-Zach
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Olympic 560 Rock Rectangulars. Easy cost. Easy installClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC04899a.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	433021
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rock Hard rock guards and love them. They give lots of coverage and look natural to the jeep. Also they provide a solid step for you to get in on and have hi lift jack mounting points under neath.

Quick Reply: Rocker Guards - Opinion