Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rocker guards

Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Poison Spyder's on my 2dr. Real nice in my opinion. However I have a 4dr now (as of Saturday) and I plan to go with the Ace rails. I don't run in rocks often,, they are a great price,,, word of mouth has been very positive,, faster shipping,, and they come powder coated already. Are they the BEST out there,,,, probably not but I'm sure good enough for my needs,,and I happen to like the looks of them along with the rubi rails. My last jeep was a Sahara.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4DFUN
Please post a pic or two of them, Thanks.
Here is a few that I still had saved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110608_190649.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	215660Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110606_180335.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	215661Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110608_190629.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	215659
Old 09-26-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are my smitty's for under $300 I dont think you beat them. Keep in mind these are rocker gaurds NOT sliders they are NOT meant to hold the weight of the jeep so if you plan on doing any wheeling where you will be sliding across these Id go with true rock sliders. These are really just meant to keep the rockers from getting dinged up. If you rhino line them the'd probably last even longer. I like the way they hug the body and no loss of ground clearance

Sorry its not a close up. Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	215701
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

So question on the poison spider and ones like them. With the area that mounts up against the body is that a place that you will have to worry about rust in the long run?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmick33
So question on the poison spider and ones like them. With the area that mounts up against the body is that a place that you will have to worry about rust in the long run?
Just buy the rubber gaskets that come with them, no metal on metal equals no scuffs no rust
Old 10-18-2011, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NapaWheeler
Just buy the rubber gaskets that come with them, no metal on metal equals no scuffs no rust
Great option, but I opted to outline the contact surface and apply a thin but protective coat of spray on bedliner before actually installing the armor. Moisture has a funny way of find it's way behind anything including a rubber gasket....just my $.02 not sayin I'm not wrong, but the logic works for me.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmick33
Have you guys put some punishment to the ace rails? I really like the price of them but like how some of the others have three mounting spots for even the two door.
I wonder this two. Those rails are mentioned all over this forum in a positive manner. Is it because they kick ass or is it really just because they are one of the few that can be used along with the stock rubi rails? Because alot of people mention that fact, not so much about wether or not they perform as intended. The price is good too but with shipping they are about average price compared with similar products.

Quick Reply: rocker guards