Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rocker guards

Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Smittybilt Rock Crawler Side Armor and am planning to switch to ACE - IMO the Smittybilt are too close to the body and the amount of flex they have, I think they would allow body damage.

They look good but the lower support bar hangs lower than ACE. I also like the idea of keeping the stock rails to add extra protection to the pinch seam.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check out poison spider, I was thinking the tube rails, until I seen one help someone get stuck on a rock in the open area. I'm now looking in to step and more of a flat bottom to slide. Videos also help me change my mind. I was thinking 600 was a good price but poison spider has nice ones for 8. but they also have many more for less money.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Teraflex, lightweight, great clearence, good price. I have been running these for a few years and they have held up to trees and rocks really well, they are body mounted.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_1000_07.htm

Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiDude
Hit up white knuckle off-road on Google...I got mine there and they were under $600 delivered to my house. They are frame mounted and stout as hell...I have some pics in my profile with me and two buddies standing in em...I can also tell you that I clipped a small tree at oak ridge with them...sliders 1 tree 0!
Oh man, I like those. You may have just gotten them some business. I was looking at the Smittybilt SRC but heard about the bending into the body, the white knuckle ones have the same up-slant that I like.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running LOD, little more than 600, but have used them to slide the entire side of my jeep over a rock. No damage to the sliders or the jeep other than scratches. Worth the money in my opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rockinstall.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	215344Click image for larger version

Name:	guards.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	215345

Last edited by ditchdigger; 09-25-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I studied options for a long time and ultimately decided frame-mount was the way to go. I didn't like the ACE and rubi rails together plus I wanted to sell my rubi rails. I went with the LOD sliders and am extremely happy. Especially since the 2 times I've been out crawling rocks in the new JKUR has really put some work to the sliders. I've come down hard on them as well as scraped myself around some serious rocks. A little dented and scraped, but did what they were supposed to do and I have no body damage. Very serious sliders from LOD and they look great with the LOD front/rear bumpers. All ties in very nicely. The extra flat platform on the LOD slider bar is nice for the wife too since she's tiny and still has to climb into the jeep without slipping on a simple bar that most sliders have. Traction on the top is key for her and eventually my kid when he starts climbing in.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Smittybilt SCR Rocker Guards

I have the Smittybilt SCR rocker guards, they are too close to the body and flex too much. After installing I put a hi-lift jack under one side and the rocker guard contacted the body way before the tires were close to being off the ground. They will not hold the weight of the jeep without body damage.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

I love my PSC brawler rockers. They actually mount to both the body and the frame.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpyderCon
I love my PSC brawler rockers. They actually mount to both the body and the frame.
Please post a pic or two of them, Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
JK Newbie

I have the tuff stuff ones there is a post I started with pics..

Quick Reply: rocker guards