Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RockBrawler II Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RockBrawler II Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

Just finished installing PS bumper. I do like it but I just wanted to pass on my thoughts. Instructions...less than complete. Printed in 2010 and there have been changes. Process to place bumper and mark holes on side frame...not required 2014 at least. Holes already there. Holes to be drilled on bottom frame on the outward side are still needed. However there are two other holes in bumper that you could drill frame and use. I would have done this if there were any instruction on the quanity needed of the special bolts. I was afraid to use them thinking I might need them later. Plenty of extra bolts....Im used to that as I always had parts and bolt leftover that I didnt know where they went. If you have basic tools not much of a problem. Saying that the two tools you will need most of us dont have is a 1-7/16" socket to tighten bearing nut. Most of us dont have a 3/4 drive socket set that large. Other tools is a Big ass channel lock or Cresant wrench to tighten Billet cap. I did call and confirm that my exhaust setup...I have the Magnaflow Black Muffler..would work. They said sure...it does not. Rubs the bottom of bumper. Headed now to muffler shop to correct I hope. Great Product as we all know but there are some glitches you need to be prepared for if you are in your driveway.

Quick Reply: RockBrawler II Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier