Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Sliders with steps

Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand a happy wife makes for happy jeeps. Just for info, I just bought a 2 door so we should finish our 2 doors very shortly. Good luck finding the right ones.
Originally Posted by Hoovis
I really like the Hanson sliders. But they aren't available for a 2 door (I think). Even if they were, my wife was specific about how high the step could be for her to actually be able to use it.

A lot of the sliders posted work far better for a slider and still offer a step. Unfortunately for me, I needed a step for the wife that was lower than the pinch seam by at least an inch or two. Most of the better options that function as both step and slider are higher than the pinch seam by about an inch or more. So everything else that I looked at (other than the Rampage) were not usable for my wife. They probably work great for most people, but she is only 5' tall, so my options were limited.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone besides the rep had the 2-door MBRP sliders out in the field ... tested? TIA
Old 07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default here's my version from Red Rock Fab

Could not be happier with them.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone tried the Retractable Rocker by Rampage?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder how well these are built?

.jcwhitney.com/GARAGE-PRO-ROCK-CRAWLER-SIDE-ARMOR/GP_2016002_N_111+10201+600001807_10101.jcw[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 08-30-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: non sponsor link
Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rolly
anyone tried the Retractable Rocker by Rampage?
rolly, see post #14.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

rolly, see post #14.

I just installed a set on my 4 dr.

Initial impressions:
Quality of mat'l and welds seems very good.
Finish left a little to be desired: Coating scratched off just moving them around on my smooth concrete garage floor during install. I will be spray on bedlining them very soon, to avoid any rusting issues.
As a step, they work great. I needed something that made it easier to get in to the Jeep, and these definitely do that job well.
As a rail, I have no idea. Haven't had the opportunity to test them, but they seem farily stout. Might not take a hit as hard as a straight up slider would, but should offer protection for moderate rock scrapes.

Overall, I would agree with Hoovis. As a hardcore slider ......... not so much. As a good intermediate slider with the advantage of having a usable step .......... A winner in my book.

Anthony
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I just installed a set on my 4 dr.

Initial impressions:
Quality of mat'l and welds seems very good.
Finish left a little to be desired: Coating scratched off just moving them around on my smooth concrete garage floor during install. I will be spray on bedlining them very soon, to avoid any rusting issues.
As a step, they work great. I needed something that made it easier to get in to the Jeep, and these definitely do that job well.
As a rail, I have no idea. Haven't had the opportunity to test them, but they seem farily stout. Might not take a hit as hard as a straight up slider would, but should offer protection for moderate rock scrapes.

Overall, I would agree with Hoovis. As a hardcore slider ......... not so much. As a good intermediate slider with the advantage of having a usable step .......... A winner in my book.

Anthony
Thanks a lot !!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

rolly, see post #14.
ooops sorry I missed it
Thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all about the rubi tubes for me... one offs of course, just couldn't swallow $200 from woods.

Quick Reply: Rock Sliders with steps