Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock sliders choice

Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greggnj

I could swear I say a picture of a JK jacked up w/ a hi-lift by the ACE rails....have to see if can find it
I don't see why you can't, the box shaped bolt points of the ACE rails lay below the tabs for the body mounts and those are welded to the frame... So why not?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

subscribed ..........
Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
JK Newbie

Yesterday I have ordered the EVO rock sliders, I have asked them to change a little the angle so that they are 3" from the body instead of the standard 2", so that the step is more comfortable, it should take 3 weeks hopefully...
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orko
Yesterday I have ordered the EVO rock sliders, I have asked them to change a little the angle so that they are 3" from the body instead of the standard 2", so that the step is more comfortable, it should take 3 weeks hopefully...
I am looking at the same thing. Who did you order them through and what was the cost if you don't mind.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jim hensley
I am looking at the same thing. Who did you order them through and what was the cost if you don't mind.
We ordered it directly with Evolution by phone, the order was placed trough my local offroad center which will do the installation, I believe the price is the same, however I am not 100% sure
Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bingote
I don't see why you can't, the box shaped bolt points of the ACE rails lay below the tabs for the body mounts and those are welded to the frame... So why not?

Besides the fact that there is a rubber isolation bushing between the frame body mounts and the slider/body bolt combo that would allow everything to deflect and possibly bend the body mounts or bolts themselves while you have half the weight of the Jeep jacked up on them?

Last edited by relayer4u; 01-13-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: less sarcasm, I guess.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Default Poison Spyder Customs Brawler Rockers

Look at the PSC Brawler Rockers. They have rocker armor and a slider that acts as a step. They are very solid and would take a serious beating. Mine are getting painted / powder coated now... can't wait to get them on!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thegoat
Look at the PSC Brawler Rockers. They have rocker armor and a slider that acts as a step. They are very solid and would take a serious beating. Mine are getting painted / powder coated now... can't wait to get them on!
I just dropped my psc rocker knockers and body armor off too. They are definitely heavy duty.

Quick Reply: Rock sliders choice