Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Sliders

Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Sliders

Anybody have these Barricade Rock Sliders from extreme terrain? If you do, how do you like them? If you don't or don't like them, what would you recommend to replace my factory step rails?

Barricade Wrangler Rock Sliders - Textured Black J100289 (07-17 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping
Old 10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in love with my Ace sliders. I've dropped the whole weight of my jeep on them several times and all I have to do afterwards is rattle can the gouges. They are frame mounted and they also side as a nice step. If you are going just for looks, you can get by with body mounted sliders. Depends on if you want them to function as a true slider, or whether they are primarily for looks/ease of access.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjnomo
I'm in love with my Ace sliders. I've dropped the whole weight of my jeep on them several times and all I have to do afterwards is rattle can the gouges. They are frame mounted and they also side as a nice step. If you are going just for looks, you can get by with body mounted sliders. Depends on if you want them to function as a true slider, or whether they are primarily for looks/ease of access.
Definitely not only for looks. Which ace sliders do you have?
Old 10-19-2016, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

These. Not sure if they make others for the JK. One side note, they do have to be paired with rubicon sliders in order to cover up the fugly pinch seams. Used rubicon sliders go for cheap on CL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1176244888.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	659210  
Old 10-19-2016, 12:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan to wheel hard in rocks and don't want to worry about damage, you will want a set of frame mount sliders. While the ACE are nice, they mount to the body mounts and if hit hard enough, flex into the pinch seem and damage the body (lots of documented cases). Similar issue with body mount, but that damage is usually worse. Neither is easy to fix. In some cases on a JKU, it is enough that it bends the b-pillar and you can't even get the door to shut.

In terms of frame mounted, they come in either bolt on or weld on. Most go bolt on. Some of the best known are:

Bolt-on:
- VKS Prerunner
- LoD Offroad
- PSC frame mount
- Shrockworks

Weld on:
- VKS
- EVO
- ACE (this is a version they sell as weld-on)
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If you plan to wheel hard in rocks and don't want to worry about damage, you will want a set of frame mount sliders. While the ACE are nice, they mount to the body mounts and if hit hard enough, flex into the pinch seem and damage the body (lots of documented cases). Similar issue with body mount, but that damage is usually worse. Neither is easy to fix. In some cases on a JKU, it is enough that it bends the b-pillar and you can't even get the door to shut.

In terms of frame mounted, they come in either bolt on or weld on. Most go bolt on. Some of the best known are:

Bolt-on:
- VKS Prerunner
- LoD Offroad
- PSC frame mount
- Shrockworks

Weld on:
- VKS
- EVO
- ACE (this is a version they sell as weld-on)

I won't necessarily be doing a whole lot of intense rock crawling, at least not yet. It'll mainly be for mild protection and aesthetically pleasing.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Barricade Rock Sliders and chose them because they would mount easily under the stock Rubi Rails (like the Ace sliders do as well). I have only dragged them over rocks a few times but they have been very good and the finish has held up well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2193267005.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	480.2 KB
ID:	659212  
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine have held up perfect no matter that they attach to the body mount. I still consider those "frame mounted". However I do agree with the above. If ur gonna beat them to holy hell, go with true frame mounted weld ons.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Check out the Lod website. They are pretty nice and bolt on the frame.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

VKS for so many reasons. Welded to the frame, very stout, sleek, and I believe I got them for $350 shipped to my door? You can't beat that price for how legit these are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 7.45.17 PM.png
Views:	508
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	659239

Quick Reply: Rock Sliders