Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock sliders?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojohnso
I just got my LoDs. Solid as heck as they mount to the frame. I actually used them for a hi lift jack point yesterday. Can't do that with the Ace rails.
Says who? Have you had the ACE sliders and tried to jack up your rig from them? If not, you really shouldn't be saying that you can't, because for the record....YOU CAN. They might not be "frame-mounted", but they use the body mount bolts and get bolted-on in 3 places (2 places for the 2 door). So, again... if needed, they can be used as a jack-point and again, if you are just going by "what someone said about the ACE sliders", you should make sure there is some truth behind it.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tycho
Body Armour 4x4 Extreme sliders. Tricky install and not chassis mount but offer good protection for the price. Nice smooth wrap around the pinch seam and great clearance.
I have these and haven't been able to make them fit!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have only had the ACE rock sliders and I love them. Haven't tried any others, but I would assume they work great also. ACE had a great price and a great product. Easy choice for me.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you consider the ACE (very nice) you should also consider JCR or Pure Jeep. As OP stated looking for a good step, EVO not so good as a step(for kids especially). There are many products out there it just keeps getting confusing, Find the look and function you want and keep going that way. I am going with Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers in aluminum. Again its about what you look/function/protection level. Not one of the products mentioned in this post are bad, all do what they are designed to do. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Says who? Have you had the ACE sliders and tried to jack up your rig from them? If not, you really shouldn't be saying that you can't, because for the record....YOU CAN. They might not be "frame-mounted", but they use the body mount bolts and get bolted-on in 3 places (2 places for the 2 door). So, again... if needed, they can be used as a jack-point and again, if you are just going by "what someone said about the ACE sliders", you should make sure there is some truth behind it.
X2 I have no problem lifting the entire side of my jeep off the ground with a highlift on the ACE rails. Cant beat the price either!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Any one have the rock hard sliders I think they are the ones I saw?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
By using them as a jack point, you mean this, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111119_132137.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	301758

Ummmm, yeah, they'll handle it.

It really bugs me when people chime in with stuff like, "my friends brother has an uncle who tried to put a hi-lift under his neghbor's ACE rails and they bent in half." Please people. Keep the here-say out of these discussions. If you don't have direct experience, then don't muddy up the waters on the subject.

OK, rant over.

Quick Reply: Rock sliders?