Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock sliders

Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrylb73
I would go with the eVo sliders, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Would have considered those, but didn't want weld on... Otherwise they are great sliders.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan97
That would be one heluva hit to bend the ACE rail into the body. They're pretty stout. I swear by 'em.
I think the issue with the Ace slider design is not the slider construction itself -- that looks almost indestructible. It is the way it connects to the frame using the body mounts.

I've just ordered a set of the Ace sliders myself. I think installing another bolt into the frame next to the mount points will take care of any issues. See following diagram for a mod I'm going to make to the sliders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ace Rail.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	300495

Although, Rubi rails should prevent it flexing (or at least not much) -- so, it probably isn't an issue if you have those installed. Without the Rubi rails, I would definitely do it.

Last edited by nickcoleman; 04-06-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dig your idea and diagram.

Quick Reply: rock sliders