Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Slider time for my 2dr JK!

Old 03-25-2017, 12:50 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
You were already too generous earlier. Refund him if they fail

...and he had them welded on.

Nobody here has their bolt-on's welded on so I'm not sure who you are specifically referring to....

Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by DJ1
Nobody here has their bolt-on's welded on so I'm not sure who you are specifically referring to....

....and to clear the air of any further confusion, skullsaddy and Psycho are 2 different people in 2 different states. They just happen to have the same taste in color for their Gecko Green beauties.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

yea and I am guessing that is his point. they recommend it for heavy use. take the money and buy your lods. I have LoD's and they are solid but guess what they too will bend up into your pinch seam just a bit when you drop of a onto a large rock and catch the end. I like my LoDs a lot on my new 2 door I might try the VKS just based on vick's responses sounds about as stand up as they get. The single thing that kept from using them last time is they don't come powder coated. My LoDs had rust thru the pc at all the welds.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:47 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by jadmt
yea and I am guessing that is his point. they recommend it for heavy use. take the money and buy your lods. I have LoD's and they are solid but guess what they too will bend up into your pinch seam just a bit when you drop of a onto a large rock and catch the end. I like my LoDs a lot on my new 2 door I might try the VKS just based on vick's responses sounds about as stand up as they get. The single thing that kept from using them last time is they don't come powder coated. My LoDs had rust thru the pc at all the welds.

Bora said, ".....he had them welded on." Who between me, Psycho, skulldaddy, and kjeeper "had them welded on"? His statement isn't making any sense.

Now did you get the LOD with the old / single stage powdercoat or when LOD finally upgraded and offered the option to get the 2-stage zinc/powdercoat?

Either case, you are the first I have heard to have problems with the LOD bending and I'm curious as to why you would recommend them on your post #6 of this thread when you stated they can take a beating?

I had LoD sliders on my jkur and they were solid. they took a beating and kept on ticking. I will put a set on my new jkr as well.

Not trying to box you in a corner. I just want a solid set of bolt-on's without having to waste my time....

Last edited by DJ1; 03-25-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DJ1
Bora said, ".....he had them welded on." Who between me, Psycho, skulldaddy, and kjeeper "had them welded on"? His statement isn't making any sense.

Now did you get the LOD with the old / single stage powdercoat or when LOD finally upgraded and offered the option to get the 2-stage zinc/powdercoat?

Either case, you are the first I have heard to have problems with the LOD bending and I'm curious as to why you would recommend them on your post #6 of this thread when you stated they can take a beating?

Not trying to box you in a corner. I just want a solid set of bolt-on's without having to waste my time....

mine were bought new August 2015 right before doing the rubicon trail. They have done the rubicon, the dusy 2 trips to moab and trip to Colorado san juans. I recommend them because they are awesome but I also recognize if I **** up and slip off a big rock with 6000 lbs they can flex. they are not made out of unobtainium unbendable steel nor is the frame they are attached to. The jeep box frame flexes or at least mine does. What I can say they have saved me $1000's in damage that I would have had if I did not have them.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:04 AM
JK Jedi

for the record where they bend is right at the back if you drop off a ledge or rock and land on a rock from about the LoD badge back the very back of the rail will come up and kiss the pinch seam.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:05 AM
DJ1
Former Member

I had LoD sliders on my jkur and they were solid. they took a beating and kept on ticking. I will put a set on my new jkr as well.
mine were bought new August 2015 right before doing the rubicon trail. They have done the rubicon, the dusy 2 trips to moab and trip to Colorado san juans. I recommend them because they are awesome but I also recognize if I **** up and slip off a big rock with 6000 lbs they can flex. they are not made out of unobtainium unbendable steel nor is the frame they are attached to. The jeep box frame flexes or at least mine does. What I can say they have saved me $1000's in damage that I would have had if I did not have them.

Nobody here is saying anything is unbendable. So let me ask you this then.......running the trails you have run, with what little (or large) ledge and/or rock drop-offs you've encountered in your travels, have the LOD's that you currently have right now on your rig, ever flexed into the pinch seam?

Because right now it's sounding like the VKS bolt-on PreRunners can't even handle the smallest & lightest of drop-offs.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:06 AM
DJ1
Former Member

for the record where they bend is right at the back if you drop off a ledge or rock and land on a rock from about the LoD badge back the very back of the rail will come up and kiss the pinch seam.
I know how they bend. You're speaking to someone that had his pinch seam flexed into running the Rubicon trail with another setup.....

Old 03-25-2017, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DJ1
Nobody here is saying anything is unbendable. So let me ask you this then.......running the trails you have run, with what little (or large) ledge and/or rock drop-offs you've encountered in your travels, have the LOD's that you currently have right now on your rig, ever flexed into the pinch seam?

Because right now it's sounding like the VKS bolt-on PreRunners can't even handle the smallest & lightest of drop-offs.

yes the back of the rails if hit just right will flex up and hit the pinch seams. I just sold it or I would show you photos. I will look to see if I have any but the back of the rail bends up and dents the pinch seam. I am not a king of the hammers guy either. I go slow and easy but sometimes you come off and bang. Yet they have done what I expect.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:17 AM
DJ1
Former Member

yes the back of the rails if hit just right will flex up and hit the pinch seams. I just sold it or I would show you photos. I will look to see if I have any but the back of the rail bends up and dents the pinch seam. I am not a king of the hammers guy either. I go slow and easy but sometimes you come off and bang. Yet they have done what I expect.

Well keep in mind you had a 4 door. Longer slider, more leverage....

Guess I'm down to WKO and Shrockworks then.....

** Although I haven't heard or seen of any flex issues with the 2-door LODs....

Last edited by DJ1; 03-25-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock Slider time for my 2dr JK!