Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock slider recommendations

Old 12-04-2020, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
what are you going to do with your rig? just drive around or hard core offload? If offloading look at some LoD sliders.
as a beginner,,, I’m going to go trailing then learn from there. But the 4.5 lift & oversized tires. A Challenge to get in.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike H.
Good thread/discussion/experience-shared on frame vs body mount here.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-341112/page4/
thanks for help
Old 12-04-2020, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ballistik_monkey
x2 on LoD. frame mounted, bolt on. as far as fit, finish, and quality...tough to beat. you may not like them due to having a small-ish step. but like others have said: are you offroading?...or just want more of an actual STEP. if you are looking only for a step as said: get which one looks the best to you and rock on.
Needing a means of gettin into the rig but don’t want them to protrude outward so much.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My ACE sliders were relatively inexpensive but have a great powder coat whereas I’ve seen some buy the cheaper ones that start rusting immediately. Again No rust on my ACE and easy mount to the frame.

The following users liked this post:
Just4starters (12-04-2020)

Quick Reply: Rock slider recommendations