Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock slider recommendations

Old 10-01-2019, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock slider recommendations

Thoughts on the following rock sliders? Something with a step preferably

Old 10-01-2019, 01:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

what are you going to do with your rig? just drive around or hard core offload? If offloading look at some LoD sliders.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

If you are rock crawling get something frame mounted.

If simply needing a step, then get one you like the look of, that has good reviews.

I really prefer frame mounted for any application, but there really are some quality body mounted rock rail/steps out there if you look.

As with all things Jeep, you get what you pay for.

The ones I have are from White-knuckle Offroad.
( https://white-knuckleoffroad.com ).

They are some of the strongest on the market, made to order out of California, but I don't know if they would ship to Australia, and if they would I'm sure it would be an arm and a leg. These things are heavy!

Happy Jeeping!
Old 10-01-2019, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

A side note, I've heard a lot of positive reviews of the LOD frame mounted rails, but have no personal experience.

Shrockworks are also very nice, but they are another boutique outfit, out of Houston, and I don't know about their shipping or what that would cost.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

ACE sliders are inexpensive and a consistent crowd pleaser as well. I used them hard for a few years before new suspension parts got in the way.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

PSC Brawler Rockers IMO, or the EVO equiv are actually a touch nicer only cuz they have a replaceable guard so you don't F up your nice powder coating. Armor and boatside sliders that provide a nice step. This is one of those things that if you really intend to use them offroad, you're gonna get what you pay for. If you just need something for around town to function as a step, about anything will do. It sux to jack up your rockers and then wish you had just protected em properly from the start.

Literally in from powder coating tonight and set for install -
Old 10-01-2019, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
what are you going to do with your rig? just drive around or hard core offload? If offRoading look at some LoD sliders.
x2 on LoD. frame mounted, bolt on. as far as fit, finish, and quality...tough to beat. you may not like them due to having a small-ish step. but like others have said: are you offroading?...or just want more of an actual STEP. if you are looking only for a step as said: get which one looks the best to you and rock on.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitelyfor off-road use, I had an fj cruiser with factory sliders and I used them in the bush. What annoyed me with those sliders was that you couldn't stand on them.

I'll definitely get a frame mounted one, thanks guys!

I've canceled my order on the 10a bumper and found a 2nd hand arb bumper in almost brand new condition for half the price!

My fj was stock except for the 33.8" tyres I had on them and that got some sliding on the belly a bit, so I'll need some under body protection soon as well i think since the jk has a longer wheel base. I'll put up a post of the build once everything gets delivered
Old 10-02-2019, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thread/discussion/experience-shared on frame vs body mount here.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-341112/page4/
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

PSC Brawler Rockers ..can take big hits and not flinch.

Quick Reply: Rock slider recommendations