Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock-Slider Engineering front bumper fail!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock-Slide Engineering front bumper fail!

So I went out to Corn Creek in Las Vegas which is a basic trail ride. The light mount for the my R-SE bumper just came off. I took it to a shop and they said the craftsmanship was poorly done and they are not even sure how it was initially installed as there was no weld. I tried contacting R-SE and they never responded back. The welded the mount back on but said the weld did not take well. I'm wondering if R-SE dipped the metal in a compound and ran a current through the bumper to attach the mount. Any ideas? I'm concerned this is going to just happen again on either side. The first picture is the bumper. The second is an under the front bumper looking up (slit where the mount fits right in) last picture is the mount and light assembly still attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper03a.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	417801   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper02.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	417802   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper01.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	417803  

Last edited by MattMudd; 02-03-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: pictures weren't showing up
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My question is if they can't make a light mount that holds up, can they make a bumper mount that holds up?

Quick Reply: Rock-Slider Engineering front bumper fail!