Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Rails Suggestion

Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Rails Suggestion

I am currently running the Rubi Rock Rails and want to add some steps to them. I am trying to decide between the following. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	GR.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	490023

Click image for larger version

Name:	PS.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	490024
Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Consider ACE rock rails. They look awesome with stock Rubi rails. They would work as steps and their price is $340 for 4 door!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yuriy
Consider ACE rock rails. They look awesome with stock Rubi rails. They would work as steps and their price is $340 for 4 door!
X2 on the Ace with Rubi Rails. I have the same set up except on a 2 door. The Ace Sliders have saved my jeep a few times. They bolt to the bodymounts and are super strong.

Last edited by Knightpredator; 08-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

ACE rails look really nice and clean! That is until I take them offroad I think I am starting to like this look better than my first options.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the ACE. they are awesome! those poison spyder rails look pretty nice tho...
Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Knightpredator

X2 on the Ace with Rubi Rails. I have the same set up except on a 2 door. The Ace Sliders have saved my jeep a few times. They bolt to the frame and are super strong.
They bolt to the body mounts, not the frame.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

I just verified that they do mount to the body mounts. Maybe I am thinking of this wrong but to me mouting something on the frame should be alot stronger than a body mount; right?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah my bad, they are bolted to the body mounts. However they are still very tough. Here is a vid I found (Not mine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf9Oo3I7fU I have come down on a few rocks with mine and they have been fine.

The install is super easy as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Default White Knuckle Off Road

We have White Knuckle's sliders on our JK - they bolt to the frame, and they are very solid. They use 3/16" thick tubes and 1/4" thick mounting plates and gussets. There is some lead time, as each order is custom fabricated, but my opinion is they are worth it.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangler22
I just verified that they do mount to the body mounts. Maybe I am thinking of this wrong but to me mouting something on the frame should be alot stronger than a body mount; right?
Frame mounted is way stronger and preferred if you are going to be bashing them off rocks. LOD's like I have a frame mounted (drilling about 8 holes per side) and have a step. Evo sells weld on ones which are suppsosedly some of the strongest ones out there. I just know my LOD's have been abused badly but have held up wthout issue.

As for the Ace rails with Rubi sliders....I've seen what happens if you bounce them hard enough on rocks and it's not pretty. By leaving the rubi rails on, you eliminate/reduce the spacing between the ace slider and body so any flex you get on the ace tends to push into the rubi slider. I've seen real body damage occur when this happened.

Quick Reply: Rock Rails Suggestion