Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler's poor customer service.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
I have currently to date sent Rock Krawler three emails inquiring about a 3.5" lift. Only email I recieved was a reply from the first one that they are at SEMA and to call the office. I said it was not that urgent and get back to me when SEMA is over. Two more sent emails later, and nothing. I was intent on buying a Rock Krawler suspension, but now it seems like Teraflex or Metal Cloak will get my business. Not impressed with Rock Krawler at all. So due to the fact that Rock Krawler do not think my business is important enough to reply to, I will ask you guys my initial inquiry about RK 3.5" lift.

Could you please tell me the difference in the 3.5 Max Travel and 3.5 Mid Arm Flex system. Also, if I wanted to upgrade from a mid arm flex system to a max flex, what would it take? And how much would the up grade cost?

Thanks.
I have always received replies to my emails to them. I think this might be the exception rather than the rule.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had RK lifts for years and have had nothing but top notch customer service , use the phone ... who knows where emails go, like they said im sure they get thousands of emails... just give them a call before you start complaining.. they always answer the phone and are always helpful and friendly.. also i have never had any issues with the RK joints and ive run RK for 5 years, check out their new joints they are AWESOME !

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-25 17.39.50.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	511949
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about RK cuz I have never used them. I can tell you that MetalCloak is as bad or worse , as far as answering emails are concerned. I have emailed them on 3 separate occasions, to try and get an answer on what size of tire you can fit with their overland fender flares and stock lift. Nary a peep in 3 attempts for info that should be provided like it is for their Over-line fender flares.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
I don't know about RK cuz I have never used them. I can tell you that MetalCloak is as bad or worse , as far as answering emails are concerned. I have emailed them on 3 separate occasions, to try and get an answer on what size of tire you can fit with their overland fender flares and stock lift. Nary a peep in 3 attempts for info that should be provided like it is for their Over-line fender flares.
Call them. It will take 1 minute and you will have an answer.

These are all small businesses that can only do so much in terms of handling tons of email volume.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

So the reason this thread started was because SEMA was over for over a week and I still got nothing, I told RK, no big deal, just reply after SEMA. I got nothing, and was just venting my story. Simple as that. Rock Krawler joined the thread, stated their case, and OK, fair enough, end of story. I'm happy with how they explained themselves.

NOW, with all those chaps who insist on telling me how to conduct my communications... I am currently on an Oil Installation in the North Atlantic 200 miles from any point of land. I work 12 hour shifts in the control room, We'll just say an email is just more convenient for me at this time.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NOW, with all those chaps who insist on telling me how to conduct my communications... I am currently on an Oil Installation in the North Atlantic 200 miles from any point of land. I work 12 hour shifts in the control room, We'll just say an email is just more convenient for me at this time.
But you have 12 other hours......jk
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Let me start by saying that I don't own Rock Krawler products. I understand the frustration, but I think some things need to be considered. 1. Use the phone! Have we all forgotten about the much more convenient form of communication? I called Rock krawler last week and Jeremy spent ten minutes talking to me and at no point rushed me off the phone. I think people picture massive office buildings and endless people to respond. There's probably a few guys there and I am sure they do the best they can. 2. Would anyone email Chrysler corporate to ask questions when looking at a new Jeep? Not likely. You call a dealer or do a google search. There are several great vendors here that would love to answer your questions. Or, post the question on the forum. Tons of guys know the answer. 3. I know for a fact that Rock Krawlers website lists the contents of every kit. Again, you could have found the answer in half the time it took to write one email. 4. Email was never intended to be used for what it has become. If you cant type it in a couple sentences, you probably need to make a phone call. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I evaluate businesses for a living. I'm certain that they're good people at Rock Krawler and are not intentionally ignoring you. They can't just hire tons of people to answer questions. There is risk to someone not correctly answering questions. There is also the operating expense. I prefer that they spend more money on R&D than people to answer emails. We all need to be realistic about our expectations.
Agree with this. They are going to be able to answer all your questions with one 5-10 minute phone call vs playing email tag for a few days....

So the reason this thread started was because.........

an email is just more convenient for me at this time.

Last edited by kh202; 11-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So the reason this thread started was because SEMA was over for over a week and I still got nothing, I told RK, no big deal, just reply after SEMA. I got nothing, and was just venting my story. Simple as that. Rock Krawler joined the thread, stated their case, and OK, fair enough, end of story. I'm happy with how they explained themselves.

Understood. When we got back from SEMA they started swapping some PC's to Mac's so that has created a further delay in email response. We do understand and have an IT person working on it today actually…

RK
Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Probably a little late to the party but I can honestly say that the guys at Rock Krawler are top notch. I think there customer service is better than some of the other company's out there that just want to make a buck. I honestly believe they care.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor

Did our response at least help you understand the differences between the kits?

We didn't mention anything about RK's customer service because it is some of the best service in the industry. We deal with lots of companies and RK has way better service than most of them.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler's poor customer service.