Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler's poor customer service.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Some people might do something called work during the day and might be able to f off a little on an e-mail or able to send it after hours.... Since a personal phone call during working hour might be frowned upon.

Just saying.
We know. We have been so busy with shows, events, and system change overs that we just have it on an automatic response to please give us a call. Hopefully it should all be done after Thanksgiving.

RK

Last edited by k0260; 11-18-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: profanity from ABENDX post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
We also have a sting program for prior customer upgrades to our new Pro Series of Krawler Joints.
More details on this please. I have a 2.5" Max travel that I bought about a year and a half ago. Is there some sort of special to upgrade the joints? Or is that not needed on mine?

To the OP -- I've always had better luck calling places. Some vendors reply to emails, others don't.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suicideking
More details on this please. I have a 2.5" Max travel that I bought about a year and a half ago. Is there some sort of special to upgrade the joints? Or is that not needed on mine?

To the OP -- I've always had better luck calling places. Some vendors reply to emails, others don't.
Ditto. I've had my max travel kit on for a year and change and 13k miles and was contemplating rebuilding the current joints next spring because they see the typical magchlo/salt every winter and get abused on the trails regularly. If I'm going through the trouble, I'd rather go back with greasables.

On the original topic, I've had to call RK twice in the past and at worst had to hold for 5 minutes. Never really tried email, but I've lost faith in that route for conducting business with vendors long ago. It consumes far more time with replies/back and forth, etc. than just calling.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We know. We have been so busy with shows, events, and system change overs that we just have it on an automatic response to please give us a call. Hopefully it should all be done after Thanksgiving.

RK
That's not a good answer, but if you do have an auto responder stating the issue and to call instead... I guess you are covering your bases. So good deal.

OP.... was this the case and if so.... why are you bitching?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by suicideking

Yes, All prior RK customers get 30% off retail for new joints for their systems if they want to upgrade to our new Pro Series of Joints!

RK
Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI folks, that post on Wrangler Forum is very misleading. It's not the joints that are seized but the jam nut on the threaded adjuster. That's a much different story and if you live/wheel in a wet climate, salt on roads in winter, etc. you have to expect all nuts and bolts will rust if you don't use anti-seize. Again, I do not believe this was a problem with the joints themselves.

Rock Krawler, can you clear something up though. I have a recently bought Max Travel with the newest joints. It says in the instructions to pull them apart very 3-5 years to rebuild/grease them. The instructions also say to periodically spray wd40 or similar on them. I have zerk fittings in a bag. Do the joints only need to be greased every 3-5 years when torn apart? Is wd40 sufficient in between those times?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sgtkersh
Just FYI folks, that post on Wrangler Forum is very misleading. It's not the joints that are seized but the jam nut on the threaded adjuster. That's a much different story and if you live/wheel in a wet climate, salt on roads in winter, etc. you have to expect all nuts and bolts will rust if you don't use anti-seize. Again, I do not believe this was a problem with the joints themselves.

Rock Krawler, can you clear something up though. I have a recently bought Max Travel with the newest joints. It says in the instructions to pull them apart very 3-5 years to rebuild/grease them. The instructions also say to periodically spray wd40 or similar on them. I have zerk fittings in a bag. Do the joints only need to be greased every 3-5 years when torn apart? Is wd40 sufficient in between those times?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks. We will look into that asap. It sounds like the old Rev of instructions. The new ones have our 1.5" Systems in them as well.

For our Pro Series of Krawler Joints, you just need to grease them every once and a while. We would recommend doing it at least every 6 months or checking them regularly with oil changes. They will not take a ton of grease and are pretty tight joints for sure.

RK
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor

That's not a good answer, but if you do have an auto responder stating the issue and to call instead... I guess you are covering your bases. So good deal.

OP.... was this the case and if so.... why are you bitching?
That might not be a good answer, but it is the truth. When we moved into our new facility this spring, we had and still have a ton of system upgrades that need to get done. The shop is doing well now. The organization is much better, the extra space is awesome, having the machine shop completely separate from assembly is awesome. We basically just got our old systems up and running at the new building to expedite orders as much as possible. Now we need to improve our systems before next year. It is all baby steps that add up to one major leap forward…

RK
Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not a good answer, but if you do have an auto responder stating the issue and to call instead... I guess you are covering your bases. So good deal. OP.... was this the case and if so.... why are you bitching?
What you mean that's not a good answer. You try doing all of that and then still give great customer service.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That might not be a good answer, but it is the truth. When we moved into our new facility this spring, we had and still have a ton of system upgrades that need to get done. The shop is doing well now. The organization is much better, the extra space is awesome, having the machine shop completely separate from assembly is awesome. We basically just got our old systems up and running at the new building to expedite orders as much as possible. Now we need to improve our systems before next year. It is all baby steps that add up to one major leap forward… RK
Can you pm me in your new springs? The triple rate ones. I'm very interested in these and I PMed you during SEMA and forgot it was SEMA.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler's poor customer service.