Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler's poor customer service.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadmt
interesting. When I called RK, they insisted the joints NEVER need lube. I guess, technically speaking, anti seize isn't lube. I ended up not buying RK for a few reasons. Glad I went with Full Traction!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell and install 3-4 Rock Krawler lifts a month for the past two years, and have yet to see a bad joint or bushing. I can run any suspension on my jeep, and I run Rock Krawler. And no, they don't "give" systems to their dealers.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem with my shocks and they had a new set out to me in a couple days. I don't have a full lift from them, just 8 arms, track bars, and shocks. I spray the joints occasionally with Wd-40 as recommended and have no issues. They answer the phones and will return your calls.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Rock Krawler has had three different joint that I have known of, the new current models are very similar to the ballistic joint and have a grease zert. I have a link to thread with comparisons of different joints in my sig link if you want to see the new joints.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
I have currently to date sent Rock Krawler three emails inquiring about a 3.5" lift. Only email I recieved was a reply from the first one that they are at SEMA and to call the office. I said it was not that urgent and get back to me when SEMA is over. Two more sent emails later, and nothing. I was intent on buying a Rock Krawler suspension, but now it seems like Teraflex or Metal Cloak will get my business. Not impressed with Rock Krawler at all. So due to the fact that Rock Krawler do not think my business is important enough to reply to, I will ask you guys my initial inquiry about RK 3.5" lift.

Could you please tell me the difference in the 3.5 Max Travel and 3.5 Mid Arm Flex system. Also, if I wanted to upgrade from a mid arm flex system to a max flex, what would it take? And how much would the up grade cost?

Thanks.
Sir,

We are sorry that you feel this way and have not been taken care of. We did have a few of our tech's at SEMA for a decent amount of time. This being said our ability to respond to every form of customer service in a timely fashion may not have been up to our normal standards. Also as with anything electronic and technically sophisticated there are always going to be hiccups, We can say that we are in the process of switching all of our email servers from PC's to Mac's so this has even added to the confusion. Smashboogie4x4 did an excellent job of describing some of the differences between the arm combinations in the kits. One other thing is that the 3.5" Max Travel kit comes with our high stewing setup as well where the 3.5" Mid Arm Flex kit does not have any of those steering components. In the future keep in mind that that is always someone minding our phones if you need assistance with a problem or question immediately.

Thanks,
RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 11-18-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by res6cueJK
I agree. Not to hijack this thread, but IMHO people have become lazy when conducting business. Details get dropped or unanswered because of emails. Emails takes hours, days or weeks to get incomplete or insufficient answers (if not lost in the electronic highway to hell) where a simple phone interaction gets a complete answer instantly. EGH - PTB
I agree with this, a phone call will always get you further and quicker than relying on emails

Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com
Old 11-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jadmt
If you actually read that thread, it is stating his joints seized in the arms. We are working on it with the customer.

RK
Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
interesting. When I called RK, they insisted the joints NEVER need lube. I guess, technically speaking, anti seize isn't lube. I ended up not buying RK for a few reasons. Glad I went with Full Traction!
It all depends on which generation of joint you are referring to. Old ones used 3 in 1 oil. New ones have zircs. We did offer sealed units for 2 years, but were not well received by the aftermarket.

The more we got into racing, the more we felt the need to add zircs, for silt bed areas etc. We also have a sting program for prior customer upgrades to our new Pro Series of Krawler Joints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qy3EujbUWs
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor

Ultimately, we take pride in customer service and are always here to help. Sometimes one of the oldest forms of communication is the best (The phone). We get 1000's of emails daily and if we are short handed at a trade show or something, it can take us a while to go through them all. That is why we typically put up an automated response to give us a shout. But, we do know that does not work for everyone.

RK
Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people might do something called work during the day and might be able to f off a little on an e-mail or able to send it after hours.... Since a personal phone call during working hour might be frowned upon.

Just saying.

Last edited by k0260; 11-18-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: profanity

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler's poor customer service.