Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler's poor customer service.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler's poor customer service.

I have currently to date sent Rock Krawler three emails inquiring about a 3.5" lift. Only email I recieved was a reply from the first one that they are at SEMA and to call the office. I said it was not that urgent and get back to me when SEMA is over. Two more sent emails later, and nothing. I was intent on buying a Rock Krawler suspension, but now it seems like Teraflex or Metal Cloak will get my business. Not impressed with Rock Krawler at all. So due to the fact that Rock Krawler do not think my business is important enough to reply to, I will ask you guys my initial inquiry about RK 3.5" lift.

Could you please tell me the difference in the 3.5 Max Travel and 3.5 Mid Arm Flex system. Also, if I wanted to upgrade from a mid arm flex system to a max flex, what would it take? And how much would the up grade cost?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I couldn't help you with the lifts but I have tried to email company's about products and have gotten the same response. What worked for me was to start a new email each time instead of just hitting reply I found they would get back to me. But all the same a pain in the ass
Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Sounds like you may have feel through the cracks or your email may be going into a junk folder. (It happens). I'd give them a phone call before writing them off!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tnt008
I have currently to date sent Rock Krawler three emails inquiring about a 3.5" lift. Only email I recieved was a reply from the first one that they are at SEMA and to call the office. I said it was not that urgent and get back to me when SEMA is over. Two more sent emails later, and nothing. I was intent on buying a Rock Krawler suspension, but now it seems like Teraflex or Metal Cloak will get my business. Not impressed with Rock Krawler at all. So due to the fact that Rock Krawler do not think my business is important enough to reply to, I will ask you guys my initial inquiry about RK 3.5" lift.

Could you please tell me the difference in the 3.5 Max Travel and 3.5 Mid Arm Flex system. Also, if I wanted to upgrade from a mid arm flex system to a max flex, what would it take? And how much would the up grade cost?

Thanks.
The 3.5" Flex kit consists of just the lower arms compared to the 3.5" Max Travel consisting of all 8 arms (similar to the X Factor) and the Ultimate Steering kit.

If you went with the Flex and wanted to upgrade to the Max Travel you would need to discard the rear lower control arms that came with the kit and purchase the extended rear lower control arms as well as the rear uppers and the front uppers. You will also need to purchase the Ultimate Steering kit.

Shoot us a PM and we can work up pricing for all of your options with you. We can even help determine what kit is right for you.

Hope this answered your questions.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

maybe it is a good thing.
PSA: Rock Krawler joints apparently love to seize up! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 11-18-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me start by saying that I don't own Rock Krawler products.

I understand the frustration, but I think some things need to be considered.

1. Use the phone! Have we all forgotten about the much more convenient form of communication? I called Rock krawler last week and Jeremy spent ten minutes talking to me and at no point rushed me off the phone. I think people picture massive office buildings and endless people to respond. There's probably a few guys there and I am sure they do the best they can.

2. Would anyone email Chrysler corporate to ask questions when looking at a new Jeep? Not likely. You call a dealer or do a google search. There are several great vendors here that would love to answer your questions. Or, post the question on the forum. Tons of guys know the answer.

3. I know for a fact that Rock Krawlers website lists the contents of every kit. Again, you could have found the answer in half the time it took to write one email.

4. Email was never intended to be used for what it has become. If you cant type it in a couple sentences, you probably need to make a phone call.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I evaluate businesses for a living. I'm certain that they're good people at Rock Krawler and are not intentionally ignoring you. They can't just hire tons of people to answer questions. There is risk to someone not correctly answering questions. There is also the operating expense. I prefer that they spend more money on R&D than people to answer emails.

We all need to be realistic about our expectations.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. Not to hijack this thread, but IMHO people have become lazy when conducting business. Details get dropped or unanswered because of emails. Emails takes hours, days or weeks to get incomplete or insufficient answers (if not lost in the electronic highway to hell) where a simple phone interaction gets a complete answer instantly.

EGH - PTB
Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 AM
JK Junkie

They've also got a tech thread here as well as a rep on the forum......those would have been the places to start.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
3. I know for a fact that Rock Krawlers website lists the contents of every kit. Again, you could have found the answer in half the time it took to write one email.

We all need to be realistic about our expectations.
^X2, research isn't that hard and RK even includes pictures for those who can't read!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
^X2, research isn't that hard and RK even includes pictures for those who can't read!
customer service still sucks. If I buy another lift it will be metal cloak

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler's poor customer service.