Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler vs. Teraflex

Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler vs. Teraflex

im looking at either the rock krawler stock mod and then later adding their high clearance CAs in the future OR the teraflex 2.5 and getting their control arms in the future. does anyone have any personal experience or opinions on the 2? does one give more travel over the other? what would you jeep guys recommend to a new jeeper?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

EVO enforcer
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKLarson
EVO enforcer
do they even have a 2.5? all i see is a 4 inch thats a bit out of my budget on offroadevolution.com
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Oops, my bad, I thought it said 3.5! I need to put my damn glasses on...
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

I believe they have a 3"

I think you might have to call them tho instead going through the website as that is the one I'm looking at as well
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a TF 2.5" coil lift and now the RK 3.5" X factor. Both are great companies and make great stuff. RK coils are known for their flex. My 3.5" is crazy flexy. The TF rode a bit softer but I was running stock control arms and those bushings give a better daily ride.

It's tough to say which is better. The warranties are the same. They use different types of joints on their stuff. RK joints are maintenance free so that's a nice plus.

TF uses linear coil and some people complain about sag when heavy bumpers are put on. I never saw any sag with mine. RK uses progressive in the front to deal with heavy bumpers so those should never sag.

Both lifts give more than stated lift. Both have great customer service.

Tough call. I went with RK because it had a kit in a price range I wanted. The comparable TF was a few hundred more at the time.

Sorry I can't give a this is better than that but hopefully you got some good info on the two lifts you are considering.

And not to make your decision harder but Clayton OffRoad makes awesome lifts too. I'd look at them before making a decision. They are bulletproof. Too pricey for me at the time but I've seen them in person and their stuff is great.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BegeBro
I believe they have a 3"

I think you might have to call them tho instead going through the website as that is the one I'm looking at as well
you can get the enforcer with 3" springs instead of 4"...I am assuming you are trying to stay under 3" to avoid a drive shaft swap?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKLarson

you can get the enforcer with 3" springs instead of 4"...I am assuming you are trying to stay under 3" to avoid a drive shaft swap?
Yeah im pretty budget based and im on long island where theres no LEGAL place to wheel so im in and out in an hour or so, i have a vacation house about an hour from raushe creek and thats like 4 hours from me so i dont really need to go crazy, im looking to run 35s but i also dont want to redo it all i would like something upgradable for the future
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RK stock mod w RK LCA's. Running Bilstein 5100 shocks. Couldn't be happier. Alot of flex and a smooth ride. Running 34x12 KM2's. I think the stance looks perfect. Had a TF 2.5 BB w TF 9550 shocks before the RK lift. The problem I had was with the stock springs sagging after adding a winch and bumper. Should have went with a spring lift to begin with. I chose RK because of the front track bar being with the kit and the ability to upgrade as $$ allows. I got the LCA's a few months later.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Topkicker1
I have the RK stock mod w RK LCA's. Running Bilstein 5100 shocks. Couldn't be happier. Alot of flex and a smooth ride. Running 34x12 KM2's. I think the stance looks perfect. Had a TF 2.5 BB w TF 9550 shocks before the RK lift. The problem I had was with the stock springs sagging after adding a winch and bumper. Should have went with a spring lift to begin with. I chose RK because of the front track bar being with the kit and the ability to upgrade as $$ allows. I got the LCA's a few months later.
Do the RK control arms squeak? I talked to a parts guy who preferred the TF control arms because the greased ends make them silent. He also claimed they had increased articulation. With that said he really liked all the RK gear.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler vs. Teraflex