Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler vs. Tera flex vs. Metal cloak

Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
If you do the research on the coils and arms I think you would lean away from TF is you don't focus on price. The owner of MC did a great write up on coils and how they are actually defined. The only difference in the arms from all three are the joints. If you buy in to the hype, the MC are the best. They convinced me with their videos and analytics. I'm running their 3.5" gamechanger and am very pleased with it.

sent from my work leash
Ill take a look at that write-up.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Mid arm realm there all basicly the same but rk and mc are the top 2. Long arm i do be leave rk has it hands down in price vs usability
Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RK 3.5 x-factor, the rides great on and off road. It has really good flex. My only problem was the lower control arm bushings wore out in about 20k miles. They had play when I accelerated and braked, but they do offer replacements which I did and is not covered under the warranty. It all depend on how you play with your Jeep. If I was to do it all over again or upgrade to long arms I would get arms with jonny joints on both side like the evo or currie kits. I believe that they will out last any rubber or polyurethane bushing. Also look at what kit is upgradeable for example long arms that option will save you money down the road if you decided to upgrade.

Last edited by egeli; 02-17-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I were going to buy control arms I would not put any of those in the top teir. They are good products but there are others out there. But on this forum those three companies get most of the recommendations.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading this almost makes me sick. Every answer will be "xxx brand, I own it because... and you should go that route". Happens every time someone asks the question. I'll bet most answers are Rock Krawler or "have you looked at AEV".

No one can even begin to answer the question without knowing info about your Jeep and how you plan to use it.

None of the brands try to put crap out. But that doesn't mean it's right for you.

Do you have a 2 door? Get a Rock Krawler 2.5" and you'll end up closer to 4". Are you ready to spend money to fix the geometry and driveline? Maybe one of those brands with Bilstein shocks? Installing them on a 2012+ is a FML experience. And, they ride like shit. Yep, I said it. I've tried a crap ton of shocks and the Bilsteins blow. In fact, I gave mine away for free because I didn't feel right charging someone for them.

Do yourself a favor and find people who have experience with a brand and that have constructive criticism.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I were going to buy control arms I would not put any of those in the top teir. They are good products but there are others out there. But on this forum those three companies get most of the recommendations.
What would your choice be? Or top choices
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Garrett J.KU
What would your choice be? Or top choices
currie....
Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Reading this almost makes me sick. Every answer will be "xxx brand, I own it because... and you should go that route". Happens every time someone asks the question. I'll bet most answers are Rock Krawler or "have you looked at AEV".

No one can even begin to answer the question without knowing info about your Jeep and how you plan to use it.

None of the brands try to put crap out. But that doesn't mean it's right for you.

Do you have a 2 door? Get a Rock Krawler 2.5" and you'll end up closer to 4". Are you ready to spend money to fix the geometry and driveline? Maybe one of those brands with Bilstein shocks? Installing them on a 2012+ is a FML experience. And, they ride like shit. Yep, I said it. I've tried a crap ton of shocks and the Bilsteins blow. In fact, I gave mine away for free because I didn't feel right charging someone for them.

Do yourself a favor and find people who have experience with a brand and that have constructive criticism.
If reading this makes you sick... Well don't read it. Go to the next post and save yourself from throwing up on your computer. He asked what do we think? Our opinions. And usually a persons thoughts are exactly what they own. Why do they own it. Because they did the research themselves, and came to their own conclusions, on what they thought was the best reviews, and reputation around the Jeep world. I'm sorry that I don't have my kit on yet, because it has not been delivered to me yet. Shame on me for giving my opinion on why I chose Rock Krawler... even though its not on my rig yet. That was SOOO stupid... I should have known better ( sarcasm )
Old 02-17-2014, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

RK, TF, and MC are all good. Personally my choice would be MC for short arm(altho I could never afford the one I want (Gamechanger). RK or Rubicon Express for the long arm, altho Full Traction, BDS, Offroad Evolution(very expensive) all offer their own. If you are on a budget really you cant beat Rough Country, the best bang for the buck. All will have to have joints replaced eventually, but I have owned or know folks who do own all of these, and funny thing they all like THEIR lifts. So research research research. If your budget is limited make sure to buy one that is upgradeable.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnt008
If reading this makes you sick... Well don't read it. Go to the next post and save yourself from throwing up on your computer. He asked what do we think? Our opinions. And usually a persons thoughts are exactly what they own. Why do they own it. Because they did the research themselves, and came to their own conclusions, on what they thought was the best reviews, and reputation around the Jeep world. I'm sorry that I don't have my kit on yet, because it has not been delivered to me yet. Shame on me for giving my opinion on why I chose Rock Krawler... even though its not on my rig yet. That was SOOO stupid... I should have known better ( sarcasm )
I agree, should people recommend a completely different brand they have no experience with just to avoid being seen as a fanboy justifying their own purchases. I like hearing people's opinion and why they chose what they did. I think to recommend a brand without saying why is less helpful though. I also think if a chosen product does not meet the expectation, we will hear about that as well, plenty of threads here of people hating on their choices.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler vs. Tera flex vs. Metal cloak