Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler vs. Tera flex vs. Metal cloak

Old 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler vs. Tera flex vs. Metal cloak

Which of these three brands makes the better components in general? I am mainly asking about springs and control arms. I am sure each brand has its strengths and weaknesses. I would appreciate any input. I have heard that tera flex springs have a tendency to sag? is this true?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been researching the past year for a lift. These three seem to be the top three lifts in quality. I settled on RK. There control arms are solid steel, can't get no tougher. And they now have triple rate coils on all 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 lifts. But truth be told... I think either would be a good choice.

My order is in the mail... so can't give any first hand experience.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been wondering the same thing. I've read that some people have had issues with the teraflex rear springs sagging.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do the research on the coils and arms I think you would lean away from TF is you don't focus on price. The owner of MC did a great write up on coils and how they are actually defined. The only difference in the arms from all three are the joints. If you buy in to the hype, the MC are the best. They convinced me with their videos and analytics. I'm running their 3.5" gamechanger and am very pleased with it.

sent from my work leash
Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Check out synergy, clayton and evo.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Check out synergy, clayton and evo.
I have seen these and heard alot about them. The only problem is that most of their kits are a little bit out of my price range......Unless Im not looking in the right place.

Last edited by ScubaSteve913; 02-17-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve913
I have seen these and heard alot about them. The only problem is that most of their kits are a little bit out of my price range.
Guess thats a factor. Synergy has a good setup. They come complete too. Im doing synergy or evo springs very soon. Triple rates are very hard to come by here in canada. Either way brother, your looking in the right ballpark. All good choices!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

my limiting factor is my budget and that is about $1,000. I can find kits from all three of those brands right within my price range and they are all priced fairly close together.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve913
my limiting factor is my budget and that is about $1,000. I can find kits from all three of those brands right within my price range and they are all priced fairly close together.

Rock krawler is a great choice. I really wanted to go that route, but for me its just hard to get. They have a solid rep with jeepers! Would be my choice! MC is great too but i have heard a few negatives about them. But who knows. They sound great! Great looking coils that offer great ride and sexy flexy
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im kind of leaning towards rock krawler. They seem to have a pretty good reputation.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler vs. Tera flex vs. Metal cloak