Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock krawler stock mod vs aev 2.5

Old 03-10-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read somewere that i need to weld something on the rear axle. Is that true because RK advertise its a complete "bolt on kit"... Does someone have this kit or installed it and have a clue about this ?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump i NEED to know
Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rear track bar brackt

I installed a 2.5 stock mod lift yesterday. The welding is for a rear track bar bracket. It is bolted on and can be used that was but is recommened that it be welded before doing any off-roading. Rock Krawler says the sooner the better, but if you bolt it on as directed it is really on there. The reason for welding is because of the weak factory bracket. Check out the direction online.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered my AEV 2.5 and geometry correction brackets today. AEV has a very good reputation for the on-road handling of their lifts.....which is a major concern for me. I use my 2012 JKUR for monthly 700 mile round trips to the sierra's. Mammoth in winter for skiing and the surrounding lakes in spring and summer for fishing. The added height helps when I play in snow drifts and go off the beaten path to find secret fishing spots. Not everybody uses their jeeps to "rock crawl" and I would be so bold as to say that very few of all jeep owners actually do. AEV markets their products more as "overland" lifts that have good off-road capability. They spend time and money in developing quality "dual-purpose" lifts ( hence the name of their lifts). To compare them to a RK or similar type of lift is like comparing red apples to green apples...they are both apples ....but taste a lot different.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Installed the new AEV 2.5 lift 2 weeks ago and all is great! Bilstein shocks are a nice plus with this lift. Ride is as good or better than stock.
Also installed the AEV geometry correction arm brackets. No more nose diving under hard braking. A nice addition.
Regards,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	287520   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	287521  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thread you may want to check out:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...vel-saggy-rear
Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Humedav
Just a few additional questions since I think I am going RK Stock Mod as well:

(1) do you need stock extensions with the kit? I have a 2k11 Rubi Manual (a dying breed).
(2) how about sway bar disconnects? Does this pose any issue with this kit since Rubis have electric disconnects?
(3) I saw a few posts up that had the kit @$900. I sam seeing cheaper. Does teh $900 include shocks and that is the price difference?
(4) Should I just keep the Rubi springs and get a Full Trac. spacer kit? I do camping trails and ruts (no real rock crawling) and this is a daily driver.

Thanks for the input!
(1) What is question 1?
(2) With all of our systems that include disconnects we also include the Rubi Option that allows you to use them simply as a longer sway bar link and fasten the solid!
(3) For Price points and what they are including, we would recommend you check with our dealers and wholesalers.
(4) That is up to you! Find the system that best suits your needs!

RK

Quick Reply: Rock krawler stock mod vs aev 2.5