Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler lift progress

Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler lift progress

Need some advise on my build going forward. I'm have a 2012 JKU with 2.5" RK coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, RK front track bar and am running 285/75/17's on Rubi wheels. It's time to deplete the Jeep fund again so wondering what to add to the lift next. I'm consider RK front lower control arms, rear track bar bracket, and spring retainer clips but don't know how much difference these items will make. Also just ordered some wheel spacers to cure the slight rub I have at full turn. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-629168505.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	696.4 KB
ID:	614917
Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ccfewell
Need some advise on my build going forward. I'm have a 2012 JKU with 2.5" RK coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, RK front track bar and am running 285/75/17's on Rubi wheels. It's time to deplete the Jeep fund again so wondering what to add to the lift next. I'm consider RK front lower control arms, rear track bar bracket, and spring retainer clips but don't know how much difference these items will make. Also just ordered some wheel spacers to cure the slight rub I have at full turn. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Attachment 614917
unless our shocks are really long you don't need spring retainers. I have a 2.5" RK lift with long shocks (fronts extend to 27.2" and rears to 28.2") and at max droop or flex the coils do not unseat. I went with a rear Tera Flex track bar relocation bracket. I am also using TF fixed length fca and have perfect caster/pinion angle.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
unless our shocks are really long you don't need spring retainers. I have a 2.5" RK lift with long shocks (fronts extend to 27.2" and rears to 28.2") and at max droop or flex the coils do not unseat. I went with a rear Tera Flex track bar relocation bracket. I am also using TF fixed length fca and have perfect caster/pinion angle.
I appreciate the info and need to go and look at the specs on my shocks to check the lengths. Also, is there a particular reason you went Teraflex over the RK arms? Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

You might want to consider some rock sliders and skid plates. You could lengthen your stops instead of installing wheel spacers. I bought the RK Max Travel kit which came with the RK LCAs.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you get CAs, get the new RK joints.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ccfewell
I appreciate the info and need to go and look at the specs on my shocks to check the lengths. Also, is there a particular reason you went Teraflex over the RK arms? Thanks
yes I knew I was never going to go taller on a lift and the TF sport control arms correct caster at 2.5-3" of lift and use OEM bushings (I got around 2.75" actual lift and caster is 3.9* which is what it was measured at when stock). No adjustment necessary and very nice quality. Cheaper too at $165 after forum discounts most places. Been off road several times and pleased as can be. On road it is better then stock.

Last edited by jadmt; 06-17-2015 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
yes I knew I was never going to go taller on a lift and the TF sport control arms correct caster at 2.5-3" of lift and use OEM bushings (I got around 2.75" actual lift and caster is 3.9* which is what it was measured at when stock). No adjustment necessary and very nice quality. Cheaper too at $165 after forum discounts most places. Been off road several times and pleased as can be. On road it is better then stock.
Okay, I appreciate the info. I received the RK lca's in the mail yesterday and the Teraflex kit should arrive Monday. Gonna take a look at them and decide. I do imagine I'll end up going to a 3.5" lift in the future so the RK's might be a smarter choice. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler lift progress