Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Rock Krawler Lift?

Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Rock Krawler Lift?

After some research, i have decided on a Rock Krawler lift. Cant find anything but good on them, and knowing that a local club member runs it and likes it helps alot. Now the question is, which lift? Is there any advantage to having the one with all 8 control arms and the rear track bar over the one that has 4 control arms and no rear track bar? If my castor and pinion angle will be fine with only the 4 adjustable control arms thats great. And i'm not really sure as to what the advantage will be of replacing the rear track bar. Oh, what should i do about bump stops since these lifts dont come with any?

Rock Krawler Part JK3502 - 3.5" X Factor Mid Arm Suspension System

Rock Krawler Part JK3501 - 3.5" Mid Arm Flex Suspension System
Old 04-29-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

what size tire you planning on running? the bump stops depend on tire size and what kind of fenders you run.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do yourself a favor, buy the 3.5" X-Factor, it is a more complete package.
In fact I would really recommend the 3.5" Max Travel System...Basically the X-Factor with the addition of the RK Ultimate High Steer Kit...This is what I run and I love the shit out of it!!

Rock Krawler has stated in other threads that they don't include bump stops because the lengths will be depend on your applications and ultimately needs to be determined once the lift is installed.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

I plan to run 35's and i have flat fender flares. So can i install the lift first and then wait on the bump stops? Or do i need to install the bump stops when i install the lift?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RK 3.5"mid arm flex kit and run 35's with stock bump stops and fenders. The tires rub the fenders a little at full stuff.

You can determine what length bumps you need after everything is installed and you have been out and flexed it.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksuferrara
I plan to run 35's and i have flat fender flares. So can i install the lift first and then wait on the bump stops? Or do i need to install the bump stops when i install the lift?
No weight on the bump stops and put them on after. I have 3.5 x factor and 37's with flat finders and went with 3 inch front and back.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still haven't gotten new bump stops...should probably get in that lol
Only rubbing issues I have is on the bumpers, nothing a sawzall can't fix!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put the x factor plus on mine, couldn't be happier, unless I had the money to put the bumpers on that I want now lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the 3.5" x-factor this weekend and I absolutely loved the drive home tonight after my good buddy aligned it for me. It drives and handles like a dream now and is much more responsive to the road than what I had on it.

I would definitely suggest giving David a call at Northridge4x4 and talking to him. He was amazing to deal with and gave one heck of a deal on the x-factor and bilstien 5100's. They shipped fast and when mine didn't come with instructions he was right there to help me out immediately.

I have to say that you will regret not going with the x-factor if you ever plan to do anything where you will need to adjust your suspension down the road. I would definitely over build if you can afford it rather than not have what you really want or need.

Tyler

Quick Reply: Which Rock Krawler Lift?