Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler JK 3.5 FLEX SYSTEM

Old 02-03-2012 | 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock Krawler JK 3.5 FLEX SYSTEM

Anyone using this kit? I am seriously considering upgrading to this from whatever lift Fortec (crap) put on my Jeep prior to me purchasing it. I would use either the Bilstein 5100 recomended by Northridge or the new Fox shocks.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks all
Old 02-03-2012 | 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone??? Bump up top...
Old 02-03-2012 | 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Think most people are saving the extra money and jumping to the 3.5 X-Factor. What size tires are you wanting to run?
Old 02-03-2012 | 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depending on what your going to use your Jeep for, will determine what lift to get. IF you want a good all around lift that will you will be able to run 35's, look at the 2.5" Max Travel. That kit is pretty popular. They just came out with a Flex kit and they also have the Stock Mod. The stock mod will be more for road travel and the flex kit is in between. If you want a 3.5" lift, i would look into the new 3.5" Max Travel. That kit was put together because alot of guys were buying the 5.5" kit and swapping the springs out for the 3.5" kit. You get the steering correction and stuff with it. I'm either going 2.5 Max Travel or 3.5 Max Travel. They would be your most complete kits for the average offroader. Just remember whatever you do, you can always build on it with RK. You can start with the 2.5 Stock mod and from what i understand build on it to the 5.5" kits. You just purchase the upgrade parts you need. It would be more expensive than just throwing down the money for the kit up front but everyone's taste changes. I know mine has numerous times. I still have my 2.5" budget boost and i would like to run a 3.5" max travel kit.
Old 02-03-2012 | 08:40 AM
JK Freak

-have it
-love it
-recommend it

Flex pics in my profile, this setup is unbelievable for the money.
Old 02-03-2012 | 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Have it on my 2010 Unlimited. Love it. Rides great on the street too, especially with the Fox shocks that I have on it. I spent months researching different lifts and ultimately went with this one over the comparable Teraflex kit. No problems or sagging thus far. The only issue I've had is due to tire rub on the lower control arms. I have the Mountain Ed. and I really liked the stock wheels, so I just added spacers to the wheels so I could keep them on. Even with the spacers though, the tires rub when turning tightly while parking. Not really a problem with the lift, but I would recommend rims with an offset unless you don't mind a little tire rub.
Old 02-03-2012 | 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

I love my 3.5 xfactor. The flex is really good for stock length arms

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler JK 3.5 FLEX SYSTEM