Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler Jam nuts question

Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4

The specs that RK gives you is not set in stone. The specs are a close starting point. Once you get the rig on an alingment rack you will see that you are able to make small final adjustments and dial in your castor perfectly. If RK did not want a final check during the alignment then they would make fixed arms and not adjustable.

You absolutely want to make sure that the person or shop doing the alignment actually takes the time to make the final adjustment.

As far as the jam nuts go we recommend using lock tite on the jam nut after the final adjustment is made and tightening until you can't tighten anymore. Some of the jam nuts are very difficult to get to while the arm is installed so it may require removal of the arm in order to do so.
Yup. Loctite then crank em with A big wrench. If you didn't make a strange noise you didn't tighten em hard enough
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepin_tiger
If it helps I don't think you can over torque them. I have what I assume is about 200lbs on mine.
If you over torque them we will be more than happy to give you a new one and call you our hero if that helps!

RK
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually this issue has been resolved, i tightened them a bit and then when i had the alignment done i also asked the guys to tighten the jam nuts for me and they did.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Jam nuts question