Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock krawler heavy duty tie rod setup

Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both the RK Tie Rod and Drag link... Both of my stocks were taco'ed! They are THICK. So much so that the SS is hard to fit in there. Also, I heard AFTER I bought them and installed them, that they are designed for a lift over 3.5". Mind binds up on my Woods SS relo bracket, so I had to take it off. Even back to the stock location at full passenger turn, the TR shifts over and rubs against the bolt head of the stock ss mount. I havent spent much time to figure out how I need to mod the bracket to mount the SS on top of the TR, have complete turning radius, and still fit inside the DL, TR and Track bar when fully compressed.

Also, the one I got was not knuckle over on the DL. Maybe that is something new? I've had mine for maybe 2 months now. I have also BASHED it up and it just bounces back to life no probs... Impressive and the best out there right now.

I dont have any decent pics, but will try to post some up tomorrow...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now I need to add that to my list
Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-JK
I have both the RK Tie Rod and Drag link... Both of my stocks were taco'ed! They are THICK. So much so that the SS is hard to fit in there. Also, I heard AFTER I bought them and installed them, that they are designed for a lift over 3.5". Mind binds up on my Woods SS relo bracket, so I had to take it off. Even back to the stock location at full passenger turn, the TR shifts over and rubs against the bolt head of the stock ss mount. I havent spent much time to figure out how I need to mod the bracket to mount the SS on top of the TR, have complete turning radius, and still fit inside the DL, TR and Track bar when fully compressed.

Also, the one I got was not knuckle over on the DL. Maybe that is something new? I've had mine for maybe 2 months now. I have also BASHED it up and it just bounces back to life no probs... Impressive and the best out there right now.

I dont have any decent pics, but will try to post some up tomorrow...
Let us know how things work out with your whole set up as it relates to your relo braket binding. Make sure to include pics

Good luck
Old 12-18-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bump this up 'cause if any of you are looking at this setup and want the tie rod ends to go with it just order from RockAuto. No one in town had them in stock, and the cheapest price for the auto shops to order them was over $100 each!

I ordered 3 MOOG ES194R (54.99 each) and 1 MOOG ES194L (54.79) for the Rock Krawler tie rod and the drag link from RockAuto on Tuesday and received them on Thursday.
Now this is such good fast service who ever is running the place must be related, at least distantly, to our good buddy David at Northridge.

I'll get to install these parts this weekend, and I'll give you guys and gals an update then.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll be particularly interested in how your drag link install goes. I did the tie rod and it is top notch, but I can't decide whether I really need to do the drag link or not... So much to do, so little money.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
I'll be particularly interested in how your drag link install goes. I did the tie rod and it is top notch, but I can't decide whether I really need to do the drag link or not... So much to do, so little money.
Well the drag link installation will have to wait, the MOOG box for the ES194L tie rod end contained the wrong part!
At least I can install the tie rod this weekend, plus we'll really get to see how good the customer service at RockAuto is!
Just shot them an email, and I'll hopefully be getting a reply tomorrow.

Didn't somebody else have this problem also?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Well the guys at RockAuto sure stepped up to the plate with their customer service.
Sending me another tie rod end to replace the incorrect one Moog packaged in the correct box, as well as picking up the tab for the return shipping of the incorrect one with online FedEx service.

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.."
Old 01-02-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Got the correct tie rod end today from ROCKAUTOdotCOM.
These guys stepped up to the plate and fixed Moog's mistake at no cost to myself.

First class customer service without a doubt, anyone considering the RockKrawler Tie Rod and Drag Link would do well to order the tie rod ends from them, about as cheap as I've seen them on line and very fast service.

Edwin
Old 06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by edwin907
Got the correct tie rod end today from ROCKAUTOdotCOM.
These guys stepped up to the plate and fixed Moog's mistake at no cost to myself.

First class customer service without a doubt, anyone considering the RockKrawler Tie Rod and Drag Link would do well to order the tie rod ends from them, about as cheap as I've seen them on line and very fast service.

Edwin
Good to hear, it sounds like I'm going to need to replace my tie rod and probably my drag link as well, as the ends have a lot of play in them. I think I might go this route as it's a buttload cheaper than the currie kit.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hello! Sorry if this is wrong thread or even forum to ask but please give us advise.
We have also ordered this tie rod for our JK axles setup in XJ. We have -40 R16x10 RIMS. This is photo https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q...2/IMG_3555.JPG
WIll this rod work with R16? According to a photo there is plenty much space for rod end or i am missing smth ?

Quick Reply: rock krawler heavy duty tie rod setup