Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler "Heavy Duty" Tie Rod - FAIL!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simon
I had perm red loctite on there -- it came loose. I need extra locking power.
You have to be doing something wrong or not putting enough muscle into it cause after I use red loctite on my RK control arms they are a pain to get loose again. maybe you got a bad batch of loctite?

I am just saying it is a 1"-18 nut you using a wrench you can't over torque it put everything you got into it.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

I also agree get a paint marker and put a line across the nut onto the rod you will be able to check if something has moved.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scemracing

You have to be doing something wrong or not putting enough muscle into it cause after I use red loctite on my RK control arms they are a pain to get loose again. maybe you got a bad batch of loctite?

I am just saying it is a 1"-18 nut you using a wrench you can't over torque it put everything you got into it.
Agreed. I used an 18" adjustable and a 2' pipe wrench and made some funny noises along the way. Haven't had a problemo amigo
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerstien
Agreed. I used an 18" adjustable and a 2' pipe wrench and made some funny noises along the way. Haven't had a problemo amigo
Good to know. I'll be sure to really crank it, but I'll still be weary.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Sorry to bring back an old thread, I'm trying to adjust mine. The driver side I replaced a tre and its fine, but I can't get the jam but to budge on the passenger side. Lol not trying to sound like a dumbass, but is it threaded differently compared to the driver side?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ebp 99 si
Sorry to bring back an old thread, I'm trying to adjust mine. The driver side I replaced a tre and its fine, but I can't get the jam but to budge on the passenger side. Lol not trying to sound like a dumbass, but is it threaded differently compared to the driver side?
IIRC they are both normal right hand thread.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I figured it out....got the jam nut loose, but the tre is froze. Gonna try some heat and see if that helps
Old 09-07-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ebp 99 si
Yeah, I figured it out....got the jam nut loose, but the tre is froze. Gonna try some heat and see if that helps
Get that thing cherry red before you try to turn it. I had a hell of a time changing out my front LCAs ends. But a acetylene torch 3' pipe wrench and few hours and I had them both out. I ran a tap in the threads cause there was so much rust so might have to do that if it's that bad.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler "Heavy Duty" Tie Rod - FAIL!!!