Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler Control Arm Questions

Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuv
I could be wrong, but I don't see any advantage doing that. If you're wanting to spend money on the jeep you could invest in a cb, or some belly armor, or flat flares so you don't need much if any lift when you go with bigger tires.
I want to do something that will improve the ride but I want to make sure that when I do have the funds for a lift I wont have to upgrade it again and I did this to my mustang upgraded the control arms and it had a huge improvement but my mustang wasnt lifted lol so this is my thinking process here I want to eventually go ahead with the 3.5 inch triple threat long arm but If I can do it piece by piece that would be much better than doing it all at once like doing rear control arms then the front control arms then the springs and shocks then 3 link rear conversion

.....after reading what i just wrote I think im going to just wait till I have the funds and get the 3.5 coil kit
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hollowpoint515
I want to do something that will improve the ride but I want to make sure that when I do have the funds for a lift I wont have to upgrade it again and I did this to my mustang upgraded the control arms and it had a huge improvement but my mustang wasnt lifted lol so this is my thinking process here I want to eventually go ahead with the 3.5 inch triple threat long arm but If I can do it piece by piece that would be much better than doing it all at once like doing rear control arms then the front control arms then the springs and shocks then 3 link rear conversion

.....after reading what i just wrote I think im going to just wait till I have the funds and get the 3.5 coil kit
You will absolutely want to wait to purchase the Triple Threat all at once. Save until you can do it once and be done with the build.

Let us know if you need a quote on anything when you are ready.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

^^ that.

Wrenching on the jeep is fun,

but If I had it all to do over, I would start with something such as a an oil pan skid and then move to larger tires and gears with flat flares. Although I believe you have a 4dr, so mild lift as someone mentioned before.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Control Arm Questions