Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 5.5 X Factor Long Arm Coil Over Lift

Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I feel I can easily weld in the Rock Kralwer system I decided to go for the gusto!! Installing the Rock Krawler 5.5 X Factor long arm lift "with coil overs" in my 09, 2 door rubicon.

All photos and feedback on this lift would be a huge help. I don't know a single Jeeper that has gone with this lift, mostly due to the welding and higher price range.

To me this is the ultimate lift for the JK and I'm going for it this spring after all you only live once

Last edited by Jeep Hound; 11-11-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

anyone?? .......
Old 11-12-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kevlarjk
I haven't done the x factor but just got done installing the triple threat on two. The kit is very strait forward almost fool proof. But I haven't installed the Coilovers or the 5.5. I did the 3.5 on both of mine but I think it's the same long arms for 5.5 and 3.5. Only downfall is the reroute of the exaust. But I don't know if you have to to that with the x factor.
yep you have to rerout the exaust still.

I see you have your transmission out.. do you have to do that for the install? I didn't see that in the instructions. if so I think I'll replace my clutch at the same time
Old 11-12-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

No the transmission is in. Only thing out is the front driveshaft and the exaust is cut. The second picture is under looking back towards the back of the jeep. That's the driver side. Like I said it's a very strait forward kit as far as install as long as you are handy with a welder you'll be fine.
nice clean install by the way!

do you have photos of the rear lower control arms attached to the frame? any other undercarriage photos would be cool :-) I am wondering how long the rear arms are and where they attach to the frame
Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Freak

Here are a few. Not many of the brackets underneath. I'll try and get some shots for you.
cool thanks!

can that rear cradle be welded in with the axle still on the jeep? or do I have to remove the axle?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great choice in lifts.. i have the 5.5 x factor and coilovers... awesome combo.. i also would recomend the RK shocks.. ive had the same lift on a couple jks and i am very happy with it .. and RK are great to deal with ..good luck with your install

Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blockrockin
great choice in lifts.. i have the 5.5 x factor and coilovers... awesome combo.. i also would recomend the RK shocks.. ive had the same lift on a couple jks and i am very happy with it .. and RK are great to deal with ..good luck with your install
awesome!

by the way who makes that tire carrier? I have been looking all over for it
Old 11-13-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Thats an Evo carrier, i want one too
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sa29560
Thats an Evo carrier, i want one too
I didn't see it on their websight
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeep Hound

I didn't see it on their websight
Couldn't find it on the site either, might just give them a call tomorrow 7148705515

I think you have to get the armor corners with the carrier as well. I think the tube fenders tie in pretty seamlessly for the package look.

Last edited by sa29560; 11-13-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 5.5 X Factor Long Arm Coil Over Lift