Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock krawler

Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
So I just bought this kit today and am getting it installed next week. I plan on running stock Rubin tires for the next year and than switching to bigger ones. With that being the case how big of a deal are bump stops and coil retainers for the time being? Thanks for the input
You should be fine with no additional bump stop if you're sticking with the stock tires as far as rubbing is concerned; however, I think you'll have a higher likelihood of having a spring come completely out at max flex without retainers or bumpstops. Without retainers, the bumpstops can keep the spring from falling out at max flex. They're only like $30 for the rear and $20 for the front just so you know, or you could rig something up with hose clamps for super cheap. Cheap insurance to avoid an issue on the trail if you ask me. If you're planning on taking it easy on the trail then you could roll the dice and probably be fine. Even if a spring did pop out on you on the trail it's a pretty easy fix so long as the loose spring doesn't cause any additional damage as it pops out. I would rig some hose clamps up at a minimum, but that's just me.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without extended bumps and longer shocks your shocks will be your bumpstop. Not good for the shock.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks, one more question does the kit come with drop brackets for the brake lines
Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default Brake line extensions

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
Thanks, one more question does the kit come with drop brackets for the brake lines
RK Stock Mod=No brake lines or extensions
RK Flex= Extended front brake lines
RK Max Travel=Extended front and rear brake lines
Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billbikes
Without extended bumps and longer shocks your shocks will be your bumpstop. Not good for the shock.
True true... definitely something to check/watch for.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

I'm a newbie and I'm trying to put together a list of everything I'll need for this on my rubi..like I said I plan on running the stock rubi tires for about a year then 35's

Last edited by steadman; 04-01-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Rock krawler