Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock krawler 3.5 lift and 2 door rubi driveline vibes....

Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock krawler 3.5 lift and 2 door rubi driveline vibes....

Just installed my 3.5 inch x factor lift on my 6 soles 2 door rubicon along with the dreaded double cardian shafts. I have adjusted pinion angles and pulled the front shaft. I am getting slight vibes and harmonics at 55 and 70 mph. I am also still running my stock rubi tires and Rims until my new Rims come in and I can mount my 35s.

My rear pinion angle is a degree or so lower than the driveshaft angle to account for torque while in the gas. Could my vibes just be my tires. They have 10k on them but have only been rotated and balanced once. It vibes while in the gas but nothing when you throw it in neutral! I'm a little lost here. Any help would be great.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sounds to me like you've got rear driveline vibrations. forget trying to compensate for torque, just try setting your pinion so that it's more in line with your drive shaft.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess ill adjust the upper on my lunch and see what happens haha. Ithis is my first new jeep. I deal with all CJ's and none of them see much highway use haha. I'm lost with this new electronic jeep.....

Quick Reply: rock krawler 3.5 lift and 2 door rubi driveline vibes....