Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system

Old 03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system

I have finally saved up enough money for a lift on my daily driver and am getting new wheels and tires to go along with it. I'm looking at the Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex System (includes all four lower control arms, springs, swaybar links, front track bar, rear track bar bracket, and longer brake lines) for my 2012 jku sport along with Bilstein 5100's. Q1: What else will I need to complete this lift?(besides bumpstops and shocks) Q2: How will my jeep handle and perform without the high steer and new rear track bar?

Also I will be getting a set of 17" Method Race Wheels Double Standards mounted on 35/12.50/r17 BFG KM/2's. Q1: What lug pattern do I need for a 2012 jku sport? (Is 5on5 correct?) Q2: Who has KM/2's on their daily driver? How do you like them? Would you recommend any different tires?

All the help would be appreciated, sorry if any of these questions seem stupid, I'm a noob and am just trying to lose the gross stockness of my Jk.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idk what that kit comes with but my max travel came with everything and more but the bump stops and shocks. They way you say it comes should be good. Shocks make sure you go with 4-6 cause these lifts really flex. My friend has the km2s and there perfect on and offroad in his opinion other than that they are 5on5 . I have nitto MUDs so there more aggressive and louder but are really good. You should be fine. Buy the the biggest thing is. How do you plan on using your jeep. That'll help us know alot more.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is a great lift, you might upgrade to all adjustable control arms later. You might want to start saving for a front drive shaft. The rims should be 5 by 5 lug with around 4.5 BS. The KM2 tires are great off road, but need frequent rotation, they seem to chop more than other tires.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rb1boxer_3
Idk what that kit comes with but my max travel came with everything and more but the bump stops and shocks. They way you say it comes should be good. Shocks make sure you go with 4-6 cause these lifts really flex. My friend has the km2s and there perfect on and offroad in his opinion other than that they are 5on5 . I have nitto MUDs so there more aggressive and louder but are really good. You should be fine. Buy the the biggest thing is. How do you plan on using your jeep. That'll help us know alot more.
Originally Posted by hooper
That is a great lift, you might upgrade to all adjustable control arms later. You might want to start saving for a front drive shaft. The rims should be 5 by 5 lug with around 4.5 BS. The KM2 tires are great off road, but need frequent rotation, they seem to chop more than other tires.
I plan on using my jeep as a daily driver first and hit the trails in my free time. Nothing to serious that'll leave me with damage but still fun, I want it to handle whatever I throw at it (rock crawling, mudding, fire roads, etc...) I plan on building off of the kit to eventually make it the Max travel kit. Do all the Rock Krawler mid arms push the axle back to center it in the wheel well?

Thanks,
Sean
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another thing I realized, with the 2012 automatic I'll need to modify my exaust so the front driveshaft doesn't touch. If I get the dynomax competition exaust will I need to modify it still or will that exaust system fix the problem?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this Kit and wheel it hard. The Jeep also gets driven on the road and on long road trips. The front drive line should be all you need to replace. The Kit handles like a champ on the road as well.

P.s. You will need to weld the rear track bar relocation bracket to the axle housing. You can install it and drive to the location it will be welded if need be.

Enjoy your suspension!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We think you will be happy with the handling and performance of that system! All you need are shocks and bump stops and you are good to go! Thanks for chosing RK!

Good luck with your build...

RK
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finfreeze
I have this Kit and wheel it hard. The Jeep also gets driven on the road and on long road trips. The front drive line should be all you need to replace. The Kit handles like a champ on the road as well.

P.s. You will need to weld the rear track bar relocation bracket to the axle housing. You can install it and drive to the location it will be welded if need be.

Enjoy your suspension!
Thanks for the info. There's no other way to attach the rear track bar bracket without Welding it? Looks like I'll have to find someone to weld for me
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
We think you will be happy with the handling and performance of that system! All you need are shocks and bump stops and you are good to go! Thanks for chosing RK!

Good luck with your build...

RK
Thanks for the help, your kit seemed like the obvious choice! I was told to buy 4-6 inch lift shocks because your suspension systems flex a lot, is this true or should I use the part numbers recommended on your website? Also, for 35's and OEM fenders, it's 3" bump stop in the front and 2" in the rear correct? How much bump stop would I need if I wanted to use chopped stock fenders or the poison spyder tube fenders?

Thanks,
Sean
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seanb33
Thanks for the info. There's no other way to attach the rear track bar bracket without Welding it? Looks like I'll have to find someone to weld for me
You wont need it welded right away for road use. You will need this welded before taking it out 4 wheeling. They mention this in their instructions. I have the 3.5 Max Travel and man its a sweet onroad ride. Solid is how I would explain it. While my kit has a bit more included, I cant exactly tell you how yours will right but i bet it would be pretty close. Their measurements were spot on.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system