Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod actual lift height vs Teraflex 2.5

Old 02-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by phljeeper
I had a saggy rear on my 2.5" max travel rk lift and added angled spacers at the bottom of the coil to remove the bowed rear springs and I am level again and ride much better. I think the rk sag issue is due to the triple rate coil being bowed causes an overly soft ride in the back.
RK rep here says they've never had or heard of a coil sag issue...though I disagree. I'm also adding 3/4" spacers to the rear to even out the optical illusion (since their coils don't sag )
Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by phljeeper
I had a saggy rear on my 2.5" max travel rk lift and added angled spacers at the bottom of the coil to remove the bowed rear springs and I am level again and ride much better. I think the rk sag issue is due to the triple rate coil being bowed causes an overly soft ride in the back.
Originally Posted by karls10jk
RK rep here says they've never had or heard of a coil sag issue...though I disagree. I'm also adding 3/4" spacers to the rear to even out the optical illusion (since their coils don't sag )
Rock Krawler replaced my rear coils due to sag. That was in the last couple of months. The coils that sagged were their new version and were shipped from RK direct march of 2015.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Rock Krawler replaced my rear coils due to sag. That was in the last couple of months. The coils that sagged were their new version and were shipped from RK direct march of 2015.
I'm the exact opposite. About .75 lower in the front. How did you get them replaced?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3612313488.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	638549  
Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do all the new kits come with the triple rate coils? I might just snag some spacers before install so I can balance it right from the start.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:34 PM
JK Newbie

I bought an RK Stock Mod Kit in July of 2014, been running that base kit ever since. I have added front upper and lower arms as well as rear coil wedges.

When I installed it I got damn near 3", maybe 3.25". I knew that going in (The Stock Mod is only 2.5) but that was the only kit they offered for it and I knew I wanted 35's. Also, it was when the Triple Rate coils first came out. Overall, extremely happy. I've added quite a few pieces of RK to my Jeep and every one has performed awesome.

That said, since I bought it, they've separated the 2 and 4 door Jeep numbers. RK says that they build their coils to be true height under a built JK... so if yours is light, you might yield more. But, back to the part numbers thing...

RK JKU 2.5" Stock Mod: JK25SM-4
RK JK 2.5" Stock Mod: JK25SM-2

So they actually use different coils between the two kits.

Originally Posted by tvan93
Do all the new kits come with the triple rate coils? I might just snag some spacers before install so I can balance it right from the start.
Yes.

Depending on how your Jeep is built, I'd definitely pick up the rear coil wedges, maybe front spacers. When I had the stock bumpers, my Jeep sat nose high... because RK factors in the weight of a winch and a full bumper. I replaced it with a Warn with rope and a PSC BFH bumper (very light) and it sat just a touch nose high... but when I added coil wedges it was perfect. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up some spacers but I'd wait till after you get everything down and the Jeep on it's own weight just to make sure you get the right size spacers.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton50x

That's not so level. Looks exactly how my sagging 2.5 sits. Think I'm gonna throw 3" springs in the rear to truly level out.
That's a bad pic as its sitting on a slope. On level ground it sits level. I run no bumper, evo shackle mounts, or fab tire carrier w/ 37 on a steel beadlock. Been running this lift for about a year now.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

the way rock krawler does it is if you have a 2 door and order the 2.5" lift you get the coils that they use for the 4 door 1.5" lift. If you go to the rock krawler web site you can verify this. the part number for the 1.5"4 door coils is 04186 which is the same as the part number for the 2 door 2.5" lift. same goes for 2.5" 4 door lift vs the 3.5" 2 door lift. they also use rear 3.5" coils for the new expedition/overland 2.5" 4 door lift.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I'm the exact opposite. About .75 lower in the front. How did you get them replaced?
call rock krawler they will have you take measurements and photos and if they believe it is actually sagging they will take care of you. They make you do your due diligence and check everything else that could cause your sagging. They were very good to work with but they make you do your part and rightly so. If you are only .75 lower I would just add 3/4" spacers and keep an eye on it. RK has great customer service and they will probably suggest doing just that and if it continues to sag they will treat you right.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
call rock krawler they will have you take measurements and photos and if they believe it is actually sagging they will take care of you. They make you do your due diligence and check everything else that could cause your sagging. They were very good to work with but they make you do your part and rightly so. If you are only .75 lower I would just add 3/4" spacers and keep an eye on it. RK has great customer service and they will probably suggest doing just that and if it continues to sag they will treat you right.
I have no problems with doing my part. I've had the coils on since around Christmas of 2014. Can't remember when I first noticed the sag but it's been far over a year. I just took measurements about a month ago, I obviously can't remember what they were, but compared to everyone else's measurements I was like 2" below. I was comparing people's measurements with the same coils. I've put my jeep side by side multiple people with RK 2.5" coils and mine is lower everytime. I've always thought it was weird. I'm not extremely worried about it but it'd be cool if something was wrong and it was fixed, lol. Thanks for the help bud.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I have no problems with doing my part. I've had the coils on since around Christmas of 2014. Can't remember when I first noticed the sag but it's been far over a year. I just took measurements about a month ago, I obviously can't remember what they were, but compared to everyone else's measurements I was like 2" below. I was comparing people's measurements with the same coils. I've put my jeep side by side multiple people with RK 2.5" coils and mine is lower everytime. I've always thought it was weird. I'm not extremely worried about it but it'd be cool if something was wrong and it was fixed, lol. Thanks for the help bud.
what do you get on this measurement?

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod actual lift height vs Teraflex 2.5