Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Suspension System Questions

Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Suspension System Questions

Ok another lift thread

I have a 2dr 12 Sport Automatic. It currently has a set of 13 Rubi wheels and tires on it (32's), I plan on keeping these until those tires wear out and then moving to 35's. I wheel about twice a month with the local jeep club. The type of wheeling we do is mainly firelines, steep washouts, and a lot of stuff with huge ruts and gorges. I would like some feedback on the kit I have put together please and if I missed anything or need to change something out.

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Suspension System - I really like this kit and have heard nothing but good things about it.
Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks - (Non Res) made for a jk that has a 4-6 inch lift
Fox ATS JK Stabilizer - Once again nothing but great reviews and will be nice in the long run
Rock Krawler 2" - Front & Rear bump stops, needed for 33' and below tires (? read this)
Nemesis Industries Factory Dana 30/44 Front Lower Shock Mount - These are so when the shocks are at full droop they do not bind and do not contact the frame, which I read is an issue.
Teraflex Exhaust Spacers - This will help with the driveshaft contacting the exhaust.

Down the road I may look into a new front driveshaft, however for now that is off the table.

Any help or feedback would be great, I have spent tons of time researching, but would just like to hear some other opions as well.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your list is pretty complete I would recommend a New front driveshaft since the front flex's so much with that kit .

I also prefer the Teraflex bumpstops .

We have this kit we put together and can change to fox shocks

Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System (RKJK25MT)

David
Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey David, yeah that is about perfect on what I was looking for. I had the spring retainers on my list, but forgot to add them to the post. I should be giving you guys a call early next week to get everything ordered.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, looks good!

I started with this lift and did replace the front DS when I had it installed on my 4 door. I think with the 2 door you may need to replace both driveshafts? Maybe just the front on a 2.5".
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Knightpredator
Ok another lift thread

I have a 2dr 12 Sport Automatic. It currently has a set of 13 Rubi wheels and tires on it (32's), I plan on keeping these until those tires wear out and then moving to 35's. I wheel about twice a month with the local jeep club. The type of wheeling we do is mainly firelines, steep washouts, and a lot of stuff with huge ruts and gorges. I would like some feedback on the kit I have put together please and if I missed anything or need to change something out.

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Suspension System - I really like this kit and have heard nothing but good things about it.
Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks - (Non Res) made for a jk that has a 4-6 inch lift
Fox ATS JK Stabilizer - Once again nothing but great reviews and will be nice in the long run
Rock Krawler 2" - Front & Rear bump stops, needed for 33' and below tires (? read this)
Nemesis Industries Factory Dana 30/44 Front Lower Shock Mount - These are so when the shocks are at full droop they do not bind and do not contact the frame, which I read is an issue.
Teraflex Exhaust Spacers - This will help with the driveshaft contacting the exhaust.

Down the road I may look into a new front driveshaft, however for now that is off the table.

Any help or feedback would be great, I have spent tons of time researching, but would just like to hear some other opions as well.
Whats this about the lower shock mounts???
Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have read quite a bit about these.

http://www.nem-ind.com/catalog/jk/jk...er-shock-mount
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shock mounts up front......the nemesis brackets rotate the mount and also move it up an inch or so which gives you that return in downtravel.

The 5100's in particular (as well as any other shock with the larger body on the bottom) has a potential to contact the frame when you near the full extension.

I've got the issue now but I don't have the short enough shocks to put in the backets.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Suspension System Questions