Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel post-install questions?!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Chris thinks he figured out what the issue was with the OP. We will let him post up his results once he is taken care of!

RK
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Chris thinks he figured out what the issue was with the OP. We will let him post up his results once he is taken care of!

RK
Chris definitely helped me out here! Rock Krawler's customer service (worked with Chris) was 100% top notch! Great people to deal with and took care of everything as quick as possible. They understood the bind I was in with military moving from Texas to Maine and are doing what they can to get stuff shipped ASAP!

I hope I'm not offending anyone with stating what the problem was, but I guess I could see where some may not like it...

The problem started from initial shipping of my 2.5" Max Travel kit. I was sent everything except front lower control arms. So I called the place I ordered from (keeping names out) and they had me take pictures of the boxes and the arms I did receive. After confirming what I had was in fact just rear LCAs, they sent out another package of what they thought was front LCAs. I received them and then had the lift installed. Once the lift was installed I took the Jeep for a drive to find out that the caster was WAAAY off (according to alignment shop -2*). Took a few looks at it and called Rock Krawler. Chris mentioned the only way to get that much neg. caster was to have the control arms wrong (front on rear and rear on front). So the installer measured them and compared the "front" and rears and sent a picture of the measurements and the arms into Rock Krawler. Today I called Rock Krawler and they told me that in fact I had rear lowers on my front end. They contacted the original shipper and worked out the situation. Received a phone call back from RK and they have my FRONT LCAs ready to be shipped to me and are taking care of the problem! (Hopefully this fixes it)

After all the confusion and phone calls, I can say that without a doubt Rock Krawler is an excellent company to deal with. Even though the situation was no fault of their own they stepped up and helped me. Chris was extremely respectful, helpful, and great to deal with. I will gladly do business with them in the future and greatly appreciate the help they have already given.

Thanks again Chris and everyone at Rock Krawler, I owe you one,

- Billy
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad your getting it straightened out, and also nice to hear that companies are still concerned with customer service! Glad i went with Rock Krawler
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by monkers
Glad your getting it straightened out, and also nice to hear that companies are still concerned with customer service! Glad i went with Rock Krawler
Saw your question from earlier about the alignment...in the instructions they recommend an alignment get done after the installation. Your front arms should be noticeably longer than your rear arms...just an FYI for when you get your package!

-Billy
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

And this why RK is currently in the lead, in my search for the best lift for my JKU.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear things are working out as I have ordered the same kit which will be installed at the end of this month. I have been folowing this closely. Good job RK for standing behind your product and stepping up to make things right no matter who was at fault.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That is what we are here for. This one was an easy one to figure out though. Once we saw his lower control arms and how much thread was showing past the jam nut, there was just no way he had the right parts!

This definitely will fix your low caster issue! Good luck with your continued build.

RK
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad you got it figured out BDean! At least sounds like it was an easy fix. Now you can begin enjoying it!

I've had mine installed a little over a month and am taking it wheeling for the second time on Sunday. It makes a world of difference to have a suspension system that was built for wheeling.

Especially with the quality of the craftsmanship and great customer service, I wouldn't consider any other manufacturer next time I need a lift.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here she is...lift installed and ready. Just need to get my 35s now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	478343_543962928311_154000391_30757982_568859204_o.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	293758

Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel
Bilstein 5100s
17" MB Wheels
~33" BFG ATs

-Billy

PS: Haven't got a chance to test the lift out appropriately yet, too much military BS going on right now...hopefully soon!

Edit: A little comparison. Parked next to a 2-Door at work. Kind of a crappy photo, taken on my iPhone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	293770

Last edited by BDeanJr86; 03-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BDeanJr86
Here she is...lift installed and ready. Just need to get my 35s now!

Attachment 293758

Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel
Bilstein 5100s
17" MB Wheels
~33" BFG ATs

-Billy

PS: Haven't got a chance to test the lift out appropriately yet, too much military BS going on right now...hopefully soon!

Edit: A little comparison. Parked next to a 2-Door at work. Kind of a crappy photo, taken on my iPhone.

Attachment 293770
Looks great! SO similar to my setup including the tires. Post up when you have a chance to get it dirty. I've gone twice (3rd time will be this Saturday), but I'm sure you find it rides really smooth off road too.

The disconnects are real easy. There's two plastic washers on each side of each disconnect. I almost lost one the first time because didn't take it off before pulling out the connector and it was hard to find. I put the pins and washers in an Altoids box so that I don't lose them.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel post-install questions?!