Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel post-install questions?!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by river2c
Your front lower control arms should be set at 23 1/8" and your front track bar should be at 32 9/16". I would have them double check that they measured eye to eye.
With these numbers, you should have no trouble fixing it in the driveway tomorrow. No need to drive around all squirely.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Also wouldn't hurt to check your tire pressure. Doesn't sound like this would be the problem, but never know. I have mine at 30 psi and the place that did my lift AND the place that did my skid plates both mentioned the TPMS light was on. The place that did the lift pumped them up to 32 PSI trying to get the light off. The guy that did the skids knew better and asked me.

When I had my tires put on, they left them at like 42 PSI and I almost went into a spin going around a corner.

At any rate, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out. It's a great combo.

I also don't think you need the control arms. This kit is great as is.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done a couple max travel RK systems and not once (Although recommended) had an alignment done as the Jeeps were spot dead on. If both LCA's measure out exactly even at the recommended length, and your axle is dead center under the jeep Via correct track bar length and checked @ Ride height you are good to go. MAYBE 1.75 - 2.00 turns on the drag link collar to center the wheel.

Sounds like the installer did not read the measurements right. Using the bolts that go through the bushing sleeve and joint on a flat work station making sure the heads are flat to the table and both bolts are center measure from center of bolt to center of bolt for an exact eye to eye.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

anxious to hear the outcome of this, I am about to install this kit soon, the kit looks awesome, they seem to make great products.....is it recommended you get it aligned after the lift install?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any update, op?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by borracho
Any update, op?
Negative....have to wait till tomorrow for Rock Krawler to be opened and my install shop to open! Going to call RK as early as possible and then take their info to the shop and see what happens! I'll definitely update when I figure out what's happening!

Thanks every one again for the responses and help!

-Billy
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Billy

Please give us a shout. That certainly is not typical of our products. We certainly can give you some things to look for...

RK
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Billy

Please give us a shout. That certainly is not typical of our products. We certainly can give you some things to look for...

RK
PM'd you with a lot of information and also just got off the phone with Chris from Rock Krawler! Thanks guys, been excellent so far!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

I installed my RK 2.5 max travel about 2 month ago and I used the lengths in the directions and it tracked straight I did have aligned but told him not to mess with control arms.

Let us know what the issue was please.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scemracing
I installed my RK 2.5 max travel about 2 month ago and I used the lengths in the directions and it tracked straight I did have aligned but told him not to mess with control arms.

Let us know what the issue was please.
X2. I did mine myself and took care getting th lengths right based on the instructions and it drives nicer than stock. My wife even noticed how well it was behaving.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel post-install questions?!