Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System

Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System

Ive researched and found quite a few places where people say that Rock Krawler products in general give you more lift than they actually advertise...i understand all that but my question is this.... Who out there is running the 2.5 flex system and can give me some feed back on 1) how much lift did it actually give you 2) How does it perform offroad/ how well does it flex and 3) Since at the moment this IS my DD, how is highway/surface street handling? Ive heard nothing but good things about their products so if anyone has any horror stories feel free to throw those in there as well. Thanks in advance! Cheers
Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lunchtime bump! Nobody out there running this lift? Or any rock krawler lift owners can give me feedback on advertised lift amount vs actual lift amount?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a 2 door with the RK 2.5 Max Travel. I think he actually got about 4" of lift out of it, not sure what a 4 door gets.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Most people with two doors get 3.5 inches of lift depending on your weight. Example(hardtop or softtop, back seat or no backseat, heavy bumpers...ect). Now from what I hear about 4 doors, they say just around 3inches depending on weight again... When I get my rk 2.5 max travel lift I will need to get driveshafts too. I run a a 2 door with no back seats, soft top, rc hybrid front bumper and stock rear bumper, and no carpet. I will get around 4 inches
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 AM
rjk
JK Newbie

I've got the pro aluminum system. I run 35 with no rubbing with stock fenders. I have stripper model with soft top (read light weight). I run compression adjustable fox remote res shocks). Ride is stiff on the street but is perfect for high desert speed runs etc etc. I'm happy but would want heavier vehicle or lighter spring rates for typical trail rig / daily driver
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Hi Guys. Unfortunately I have to say I'm a newbie to JKs and the forum, but hope to rectify that sooner than later.

I am planning to get a JK unlimited 4-door Rubicon in the near future. No issue buying it used, but finding it with the black/saddle dash (2011 or newer), and manual transmission in deep cherry red pearl is making the search a bit tougher.

I want the Rubicon for several reasons. I don't want the painted fenders, I want the upgraded axles and crawling hardware. I want the upgraded stereo and subwoofer.

When I get it, I plan to put a lift kit on it (something like the Rock Crawler 2.5), and 35" tires. It sounds like I might need to re-gear after adding that on.

My question is this: if this is what I am planning to do, does it make sense to still go with the Rubicon, or will I be replacing parts of the Rubicon that would make it not worth my while to go that route?

One last thing. Is the new Pentastar engine (2012 or later) worth paying more for?

Thanks for all feedback!
HighRoller
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HighRoller
Hi Guys. Unfortunately I have to say I'm a newbie to JKs and the forum, but hope to rectify that sooner than later.

I am planning to get a JK unlimited 4-door Rubicon in the near future. No issue buying it used, but finding it with the black/saddle dash (2011 or newer), and manual transmission in deep cherry red pearl is making the search a bit tougher.

I want the Rubicon for several reasons. I don't want the painted fenders, I want the upgraded axles and crawling hardware. I want the upgraded stereo and subwoofer.

When I get it, I plan to put a lift kit on it (something like the Rock Crawler 2.5), and 35" tires. It sounds like I might need to re-gear after adding that on.

My question is this: if this is what I am planning to do, does it make sense to still go with the Rubicon, or will I be replacing parts of the Rubicon that would make it not worth my while to go that route?

One last thing. Is the new Pentastar engine (2012 or later) worth paying more for?

Thanks for all feedback!
HighRoller
Not quite the response I was looking for on MY question, but to answer YOURS.....I would def spend the extra money. I went with a sport and still regret it after dumping this much money into it. I think if the only difference was a front Dana 44 it would be worth it over the Dana 30 mine came with. Not to mention the lockers, sway bar disconnect, axels, and transfer case. If ur ginna drop the cash do it off the bat.......thanks everyone for the feedback on my original question. I think I'll take the Leap and load some pictures up once its installed
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Ugh. Sorry. Newbie stupidity.

I'm sure there was an appropriate place for my questions, I just didn't know where it was.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback though!

HighRoller
Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problem at all bud. After reading back theough that I see how it could sound like I was being a dick. Didn't mean to come across that way at all. I'm no expert by any means but I'm happy to help a fellow jeeper in any way I can. We were all new to this at some point ! Welcome aboard
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed my flex system Monday. I've got a 2012 four door, hard top, and with my 35's I WILL need exhaust modifications. The front DS will hit the exhaust before full droop. Aside from my ball joints being toast, it rides great as opposed to stock suspension with 35's. This is also my DD and I foresee no issues driving it daily with the lift. Very smooth. I did not measure how much it actually lifted the Jeep, but I know it was more than 2.5"

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (1).jpg
Views:	1591
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	371027Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (1).jpg
Views:	5215
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	371028

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System