Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex Lift

Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex Lift

So I'm pretty much sold on this lift, I was wondering if you need anything else to complete the job. Like it says you need to snag some new bumpstops of course but are there any other little things that you need to complete the lift?

Also anyone who has this lift: Have you had to change your front drive shaft or had to do any other extra work to make this lift work?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Not exactly sure what all the flex kit includes but I bought the stock mod and then added the lca and rear sway bar links, brake line extenders or brackets.
No new drive lines ( on a 2 door manual)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

the flex comes is the stock mod plus all the stuff you bought extra. so you didnt need to get anything else?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You should be fine just as that kit sits! The bumpstops are the only thing that you would want to look at right off the bat. You can also upgrade to any of our other componants in the future if you felt the need to.

RK
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

you'll need new shocks.and I haven't had to change my driveshafts yet. but I may need to soon.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

I was thinking of the 2.5 max travel on a two door with fox shocks and 33's, how do you figure out the bump stop length?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Junkie

Install your shocks and wheels/tires but no springs. Cycle the suspension. Measure how much the bump stops will need to be extended to keep the tires out of the fenders and the shocks from bottoming. Remember, your OEM stops will compress nearly to the steel surrounding them.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Does it come with extended brake lines? I have the 2.5" Max travel, it did come with brake lines.

I did replace my front driveshaft when I did the lift. Every shop that quoted me for it said I would have to replace it. I had a few posts regarding if I needed it and there was a lot of debate. I decided to do it with the lift because I got free labor to do it at the same time.

I sold my undamaged DS and got $130 for it. May want to price it higher. At $130 it sold within a week. Since the replacement was around $400, I figured it was worth it after subtracting what I sold the OEM for.

Plus, do what I did: tell the shop you'll do it if they do the labor for free.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

well either way the labor will be free, my buddy's dad owns a transmission shop and puts lifts on for fun. like you've said there is a lot of debate regarding having to buy a new front drive shaft or not, i'm not sure what i'll do just yet.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Mine are okay so far. (1 year on 2 door manual 2.5" Max Travel Pro.)

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex Lift