Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 2.5 3.5 question

Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler 2.5 3.5 question

I'm trying to decide between these two lifts and my question is do they both have the same control arms?? For the kits that come with all control arms are they the same ones? It would make my decision a lot easier. I already ordered my wheels (atx slots) and tires (km2 35 12.5). I talked myself out of "needing" 37's but if I wanna go higher in the future it would be nice to know all I didn't have to replace the control arms. I have a 2012 JKUR auto
Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

I have the 3.5" and the arms are the same for 2.5 i have 37s and it looks perfect. If you get the 2.5 you can still fit 37s just get flat fenders and all you have to do is swap coils if you want to go higher.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rb1boxer_3
I have the 3.5" and the arms are the same for 2.5 i have 37s and it looks perfect. If you get the 2.5 you can still fit 37s just get flat fenders and all you have to do is swap coils if you want to go higher.
Cool, that's what I was hoping/planning on doing
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Believe it or not, the rear arms on 2.5" kits are shorter. I have a 2.5" Max Travel Pro system and was thinking about getting upper rear arms. I have two choices at this point:

- Buy all 4 rear arms for a 3.5" kit.
- Have RK custom make me some upper arms at the proper length.

Later this year, RK will be coming out with a 2.5" X Factor system which will have the uppers included, and they'll be the same as the ones they'll build you custom now.

BTW, a lot of guys buy 3.5" X Factor systems but specify 2.5" springs. That'd be a great way to go, IMO.

cheers, Scott
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fourtango
I'm trying to decide between these two lifts and my question is do they both have the same control arms?? For the kits that come with all control arms are they the same ones? It would make my decision a lot easier. I already ordered my wheels (atx slots) and tires (km2 35 12.5). I talked myself out of "needing" 37's but if I wanna go higher in the future it would be nice to know all I didn't have to replace the control arms. I have a 2012 JKUR auto
The Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel is well designed and easily upgradable. I am running 4" springs and only needed to change the shocks and the sway bar link rods ($7each).
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

BTW, a lot of guys buy 3.5" X Factor systems but specify 2.5" springs. That'd be a great way to go, IMO.

cheers, Scott[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I was even thinking of doing that but getting evo 3" plush coils instead.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel is well designed and easily upgradable. I am running 4" springs and only needed to change the shocks and the sway bar link rods ($7each).[/QUOTE]

Do you have room for 37's? I like that the 3.5 rear arms push back the axle 1"
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Do you have room for 37's? I like that the 3.5 rear arms push back the axle 1"
You weren't asking me, but will say that if you're willing to cut your fenders, 37's fit easily under a 2.5" Max Travel. Here's mine on 35's with only 1" bump stops in front and 2.25" in the rear (I have EVO Rockstars or I wouldn't even use that much).

Old 08-07-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel is well designed and easily upgradable. I am running 4" springs and only needed to change the shocks and the sway bar link rods ($7each).
Do you have room for 37's? I like that the 3.5 rear arms push back the axle 1"[/QUOTE]

I am running 35s but I know lots of folks who run 37s with no issue on 4" lifts. You will want good bump stops and perhaps trm the fenders.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

You weren't asking me, but will say that if you're willing to cut your fenders, 37's fit easily under a 2.5" Max Travel. Here's mine on 35's with only 1" bump stops in front and 2.25" in the rear (I have EVO Rockstars or I wouldn't even use that much).

[/QUOTE]
Forgive my "noobness" but what do the rockstars do?? I thought they were just skids for the lower control arm mount. Thanks for all the info and pics fellow jeepers.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5 3.5 question