Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock kralwer lift kits question

Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock kralwer lift kits question

Hey i'm thunking to buy rk 2.5 max travel or flex system bilestein shocks

And i heard rk won't come with bump stop.. So do i have to buy rk bump stop? Or can i use stock one?

Also which one is better riding?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct. They do not come with bumpstops. The size needed is variable based on different setups.

Pretty much, you have two options. First, you can order and install your kit, then flex it out and see where you either rub or where your shocks bottom out. Measure to find the exact size bumpstop you need. Or, talk to a dealer who knows their stuff. Tell them your setup. They should be able to advise you on the size needed.

So, as far as the ride goes, that's kind of a complicated question. Most simple bumpstops are all the same. They are just there to take up space. You can get the speedbump style which basically adds an extra shock at the end of your travel. That gives a better, smoother ride but limits your flex just a little. I guess you could say they are better for trail running but may inhibit you just a bit for slow crawling where they are not necessary.

Last edited by Sparkplug; 06-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock kralwer lift kits question