Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard "Straight Across Rear Bar" for Harnesses?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Hard "Straight Across Rear Bar" for Harnesses?

I have purchased Mastercraft Harnesses and want to run them in my 2010 2 Door JK. I obviously need some sort of bar to fit the harnesses to behind the front seats. I have been looking for a bolt on rear bar and all i have found is the "Rock Hard Straight Across Rear Bar". I have found photos of this bar being used for harnesses, but have also found photos of it being used for a sports cage like system on the stock roll cage.

Does anyone know if either of these uses would be "correct" or "incorrect"?

Would using this "Straight Across Rear Bar" be a bad idea to run harnesses off of?

Any experience helps!

Thanks

Max
Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 AM
JK Super Freak

I know when I had the urge to run some 5 point harness's, I found that I would need the rockhard bar to properly install them. I might search around for threads on 5-point harness and see what turns up
Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

As long as the shoulder straps sit higher than the shoulders you will be fine. If not then the spine compresses during impact.

Quick Reply: Rock Hard "Straight Across Rear Bar" for Harnesses?