Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard sliders (pics + experience requested)

Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Hard sliders (pics + experience requested)

I'm shopping around for some rock sliders, and I like the looks of the Rock Hard ones with diamond plate on top. Has anyone installed these that could offer a review and possible some pics? (only ones I can find are low res standard product shots...)

Also, I don't really like the look of the little black bolt caps -- can anyone tell me what's underneath them? Again, pics would be great... Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2009, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Won't help you if you really like the top flat portion, but if you're focus is more towards the boat-side style, Treks makes a nice set. Can't speak from 1st hand experience yet though.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Haven't had a chance to beat them up any, but I have no doubt they will hold up. Mounting was not too bad...did it by myself with a jack and jack stands. The step is nice for my wife and kids. It's not huge, but it gives them "something" to put their feet on. As for the mounting holes, they are attached to a small piece of rectangular tube. I added grip tape to the areas where you would step to help. If you pop the caps off the rectangular tube, beneath is the mounting holes, where the bolts attach to the body. As for leaving them off, would not be good. Alot of moisture and debris would collect in there. There is also a small gap between the small rectangle tube and body, where debris and moisture could collect. I used a gray silicone to fix this issue, even though it took a roll of tape and about an hour to get the caulk beads just right. I really like these sliders and have no regrets at all. I also did not mind drilling 22 holes in the body...some may. Mine are not diamond plate, but here's a couple pics to look at. Hope they help.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kidrock
I really like these sliders and have no regrets at all. I also did not mind drilling 22 holes in the body...some may. Mine are not diamond plate, but here's a couple pics to look at. Hope they help.
Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for to help me decide. Still not 100% sure if I'll go for them, but thanks for the detailed writeup.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I have them and they are stout as all git out. I've beat them up in Moab with no issues whatsoever. They mount to the body and frame and I can't concieve of a stronger rocker guard. The only downside is that they are not cheap!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I have these as well and am very happy with them.

VERY STOUT.

I like the step on them as well, and the width of it keeps the side of my Jeep a little cleaner.

I need to caulk the space between the slider and the body of my Jeep.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan

VERY STOUT.

I like the step on them as well, and the width of it keeps the side of my Jeep a little cleaner.

nice... what brand are those?...

edit: you know what, I thought I was in the other thread still... long night at work

I'll assume they are the rock hards!

Last edited by LakesofJK; 01-16-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan

VERY STOUT.

This picture that you posted a long time ago was the VERY reason I didn't get the RH sliders. I was all pumped about boat-side sliders and could justify body holes for them, and then I saw that gap. I figured I'd wait until something with a tighter fit came out.

I also wasn't planning on changing my fenders and the RH fit nice and tight to the stock flares which would deflect mud nicely. After bumping a couple trees I've since got a set of River Raiders' fenders so that's a moot point for me now.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

anyone know of a similar looking set of rock sliders that don't require drilling? i like the look of the rock hard and teraflex sliders, but they require you to drill into the body and i'm not really comfortable doing that.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by siggysmalls
anyone know of a similar looking set of rock sliders that don't require drilling? i like the look of the rock hard and teraflex sliders, but they require you to drill into the body and i'm not really comfortable doing that.
Probably won't find any like that, which don't require drilling, but the top of the LoD sliders may be what your looking for. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=lod+sliders

Quick Reply: Rock Hard sliders (pics + experience requested)