Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard Rear Bumper with Rock Rack...thoughts?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Hard Rear Bumper with Trail Rack...thoughts?

I'm going to order a rear bumper for my JKUR. Looking at the Rock Hard because of the following: full-width, tapered ends, integrated class II hitch, trail rack.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Did you like it and why or why not? Pics?

Last edited by Wendy.Jeepchick; 09-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Bumpity bump.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

I Love my "Rock Hard"rear bumper, tire carrier with two gas can mounts

Bomb proof, well made, never ever regreted my choice. tire carrier swings out easy, dosnt rattle and has never come open, even under the hardest wheeling.

I have "ALL" of Rock Hards skid plates and oil pan protection. all I can say is Happy, happy!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Thanks Zany...

I'm going back and forth between Hard Rock and Hanson. Both have the specs that I need: integrated class II receiver, trail/cargo rack, gerry can racks. I like the look of the Hanson bumper better, but the Rock Hard is much more affordable. I'm having a hard time justifying price of the Hanson at this point.

Is the tire rack on the Rock hard difficult to close?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked hard at it, the Hanson and the LOD. I ended up going with the LOD, primarily because I like the LOD front bumper better, but I do like the lights in the LOD rear bumper.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

I went with LOD front and rear bumpers after a month of researching which I finally narrowed down to Hanson an LOD. LOD got me in the end because of the quality and customer service, Chris in their Service dept hooked me up with free zinc-coating on both bumpers. I'm probably gonna go with their products again for my next jk as well...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

LoD was originally my favorite. However, their hitch receiver is only listed as a 2 inch, but is not rated as class II. I need at least a class II because I will be towing a trailer. Smittybilt has a class III, but they don't have all the goodies (cargo rack, gerry rack) that I want.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
LoD was originally my favorite. However, their hitch receiver is only listed as a 2 inch, but is not rated as class II. I need at least a class II because I will be towing a trailer. Smittybilt has a class III, but they don't have all the goodies (cargo rack, gerry rack) that I want.
It's not rated for liability reasons. In case you have never seen a LoD bumper in person, I can assure you it is stronger than the stock receiver.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey

It's not rated for liability reasons. In case you have never seen a LoD bumper in person, I can assure you it is stronger than the stock receiver.
I second that, if you want I'll take some pics later. The bumpers are 3/16-1/4" cold rolled steel and very strong. Stock bumpers bolt to the frame rails and the hitch is bolted to the crossmember. The LOD's bolt to the frame And the crossmember, so the hitch gets added reinforcement.

You said you were wanting one with a good trail rack, but did you want one that bolts onto the tire carrier or hooks into the hitch?

Last edited by Sommer13; 09-05-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Rockhard makes a great product. I have both their front and rear bumpers, both bolted right up, no issues, great fitment, and heavy duty!

Quick Reply: Rock Hard Rear Bumper with Rock Rack...thoughts?