Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard Edition Rims

Old 03-25-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Hard Edition Rims

I have a chance to trade my stock 2015 Rubicon rims for Rock Hard Edition Rims (Black color same rims) Are they worth anything more than my rims or is it just the color preference?? I think black would look better on silver Rubicon..
Old 03-25-2015, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by srtsir
I have a chance to trade my stock 2015 Rubicon rims for Rock Hard Edition Rims (Black color same rims) Are they worth anything more than my rims or is it just the color preference?? I think black would look better on silver Rubicon..
These are the rims

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150325_152211.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	603123
Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know how much more you are going to pay from the dealership for those hardrocks, but if its a lot, they seem to be all over craigslist for super cheap where I am from. You might want to buy some from craigslist for a fraction of the price. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure you mean Hard Rock edition rims -
Old 03-25-2015, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Hard 4x4
Pretty sure you mean Hard Rock edition rims -
Yes..So are they worth more than my Gray rims that come on my Rubicon or should I just keep my Gray ones..
Old 03-25-2015, 02:55 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes..So are they worth more than my Gray rims that come on my Rubicon or should I just keep my Gray ones..
From what I've seen, the 2-tone black rims seem to fetch more $$
Old 03-25-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It's a personal preference. If you like the black and have the option for an even trade, go for it. As noted above, stock rims tend to be dirt cheap on craigslist because so many people are going aftermarket, so any cost difference between them is negligible. (unless you are the type who just feels like paying dealer markup).

The other thing to consider is that if you have any plans of going to larger tires, you will need to move the tires further out. That means either aftermarket rims, or buying wheel spacers/adapters. Which means, why worry about buying/trading for another set of stock rims...
Old 03-25-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It's a personal preference. If you like the black and have the option for an even trade, go for it. As noted above, stock rims tend to be dirt cheap on craigslist because so many people are going aftermarket, so any cost difference between them is negligible. (unless you are the type who just feels like paying dealer markup).

The other thing to consider is that if you have any plans of going to larger tires, you will need to move the tires further out. That means either aftermarket rims, or buying wheel spacers/adapters. Which means, why worry about buying/trading for another set of stock rims...
I plan on putting 315-70-17 Duratracs on Rubicon rims with wheel spacers, I haven't come across the rims I like yet so I will keep the stockers for now..I can get even trade for Hard Rock rims that is the only reason I consider it..

Quick Reply: Rock Hard Edition Rims