Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard 4x4 Jerry Can Mount QUESTION

Old 04-05-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
The right side was literally a 5 minute easy bolt on. I think there might be clearance with the brace and my tire on the driver's side. I have not bought that side yet. There is a write up section post of a member who has both carriers with no problems and he put the Rock Hard trail rack on also. He had to cut down the trail rack rails about 6 inches and weld them to compensate for the higher bumper of the XRC vs. The Rock Hard bumper. It looks great!

So to confirm, the passenger side is fine and what "DesignMonkey" said in their previous post isn't true?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that we ve established that they work with that carrier, Im curious if they would work with this one from Body Armor?

Last edited by donnie; 04-05-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by funtimes
Is this your opinion or is this a fact? I really want them on both sides...please tell me this is just your opinion....please I beg of you....
it did not work in MY set up. I tried it - with the Rugged Ridge XHD bumper with tire carrier and a 35” Spare tire. The "A" frame sits too far to the left and the carrier swings out very far. The can mount hit my tail light way before the swing would get to the stop lock. The size of MY tire prevents the mount from being positioned on the A frame high enough to allow the can carrier to clear the tail lite when the carrier swings open. Adding a spacer between the A frame and the can mount will probably solve this problem. Or trimming the mount and welding it to the A frame. This is my experience. try for your self
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DesignMonkey
it did not work in MY set up. I tried it - with the Rugged Ridge XHD bumper with tire carrier and a 35” Spare tire. The "A" frame sits too far to the left and the carrier swings out very far. The can mount hit my tail light way before the swing would get to the stop lock. The size of MY tire prevents the mount from being positioned on the A frame high enough to allow the can carrier to clear the tail lite when the carrier swings open. Adding a spacer between the A frame and the can mount will probably solve this problem. Or trimming the mount and welding it to the A frame. This is my experience. try for your self

Ahh that makes sense and something to consider. Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anymore pics or updates

I have a SRC and I'm wanting to mount on both sides of my 305/70 spare.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mounted 2 Hard Rock Jerry can mounts onto a Smittybilt XRC tire carrier, I think it would probably work with any 2" square tubing at a 45 degree angle
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

the passenger side if I remember correctly is actually a little longer than the drivers side so it doesn't sit symmetrically with the driver's side, sticks up or out farther (can't remember). You could probably trim it or modify it to make this work but the only person I have seen do this was sm_rubi.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moparguy
I just modified a Rock Hard driver side jerry can carrier for my Mopar carrier. I did the drivers side to see if it would work and now have ordered the passenger side. I simply had to cut off the Rock Hard mount bar (correct angle / too short) and weld on a longer bar (17 1/2 inches). I welded it on my carrier versus u-bolting it.
What size tire are you running that makes it too short?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
It does work on the Smittybuilt XRC !
That is great, I don't like the Irac setup
Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered the driver side mount today for my XHD rear bumper. Can't wait It'll be nice to have a reserve 5 gallons since I always seem to run my gas tank low when driving in the county. A little extra fuel security is a good thing. Going to be using a can that is the same size as a NATO set up. Hopefully it all mounts up well.

Quick Reply: Rock Hard 4x4 Jerry Can Mount QUESTION