Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR?

Anyone running this or have seen it up close? Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015

For those of us running a 3rd row, (I know, I know, lots of opinions on both sides of this), I know this is on my mind. I am just wondering if this is a tried and tested product or if it is theoretical?

I have a new welder on the way and already have a pipe bender that works up to 3" OD pipe. I am hoping the guru's here can help me determine if the bolt on or DIY method would be stronger. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler
Anyone running this or have seen it up close? Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015

For those of us running a 3rd row, (I know, I know, lots of opinions on both sides of this), I know this is on my mind. I am just wondering if this is a tried and tested product or if it is theoretical?

I have a new welder on the way and already have a pipe bender that works up to 3" OD pipe. I am hoping the guru's here can help me determine if the bolt on or DIY method would be stronger. Thanks in advance!
Great question - and when it comes to safety you should always give it some thought. Our bolt-in patented locking collars have been in use since 1991 as a Rock Hard 4x4 product, but in reality we were installing them in rigs since the 80's. Not one has been sent in for warranty in all that time. They are our signature product. In many, many cases, our locking collars are a more secure mount than some welded systems.

In your specific situation here's what I'm suggesting, and it's not a sales tactic, it's an opportunity for you to become a believer in our locking collar. Order our RH-1032 and do a test install before you powder coat / paint it. Tap the holes, use some WD-40 on the bolts, and as you start tightening the hardware it'll all make sense. You are simply unzipping your factory cage padding cover so you'll do zero permanent modification to your Jeep for the test fit. Do an install and see for yourself. Stand on the part. If you aren't sold, send it back.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have it. Bars themselves seem super strong, but have no way to test short of crashing it. My only complaint is I did have one bolt that broke off during install, but I may have caused the issue by not applying the torque straight on (I put it in without removing the hardtop so I had some odd angles)
Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thanks for both responses. I certainly don't want anyone to crash just so I can give it a thumbs up. I also hope I didn't come across as if I was bashing the product. I was excited and relieved to find this yesterday. I will give it a try. It sounds like even though you could install it with the hard top on, I will pull it.

Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered mine from Hard Rock 4x4. I'll post up some pics when I get it installed.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

I just ordered mine from Hard Rock 4x4. I'll post up some pics when I get it installed.
Thank you for your order!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Cool set up
Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Hard 4x4
Thank you for your order!
Delivered!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor

Delivered!

Get installing already!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Hard 4x4
Get installing already!
This dang thing called "work" keeps getting in my way!

Quick Reply: Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR?