Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock crawler? Teraflex?

Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock crawler? Teraflex?

1 my question is rock crawler has pro line that made by aluminum.. And they said it really light and strong.. So is it good? For that price and help for gas mileage and ridin cause it is ligt?

2 Question is what is you guys recommendation.
Between rock crawler 2.5 mid arm max travel kit with bilstein shocks and teraflex 3' lift kits with 4 arms. I think both are similar price..
Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a big fan of RK, my 3.5 X-Factor has worked great for me.
It's my understanding that the Pro systems are half the weight of the steel. I thought about getting the Pro system but couldn't justify the extra expense and I prefer the heavy duty nature of steel over aluminum.
Either way though, Rock Krawler has their Abuse Proof Lifetime warranty, so even if you do bust the Aluminum parts, they will replace it for you.
I have also had great experiences dealing with RK customer service wise.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkkim
1 my question is rock crawler has pro line that made by aluminum.. And they said it really light and strong.. So is it good? For that price and help for gas mileage and ridin cause it is ligt?

Between rock crawler 2.5 mid arm max travel kit with bilstein shocks and teraflex 3' lift kits with 4 arms. I think both are similar price..
Sorry I cant help out on question #1.

But I did purchase the rock crawler 2.5 mid arm /fox shocks and am very happy with it.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tkkim

Question one answer: The small about of weight you will be saving is not enough to see much of a change fuel milage in our Jeeps, and the aluminum is strong but I'm not sure on how much it will be advantageous.

Question two answer: I would most definitely sugguest RockKrawler with a set of Bilstein 5100's for comfort and great handling. I've driven and rode in a few Jeeps with Teraflex and I really didn't care for how it handled at all. It was stiff and felt every little bump in the road and it seemed to wander over every obstacle they came across.

I was so impressed with the RockKrawler that I bought their 3.5" X-Factor and have to say it has been the best riding JK I've been in compared to a few other brands that some guys in town are running as well.

This is just my $.02 for you but there may be some others that will say they love theirs better. The best advice I can give you is try and find someone close to you and see if you can take a ride with them and see for yourself if you like one or the other better.

P.S. RockKrawler has great reps and very knowledgable Jeep guys working for them and they will answer any questions you have. Also give Dave a hollar at Northridge and they will get you set up and running in no time. The guys at the shop are great to deal with and are very hands on with everything they sell and can give you personal opinions from experience.

Tyler

Quick Reply: Rock crawler? Teraflex?