Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock crawler front lower control arms...any good?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a RK 2.5 lift with the high clearance LCA's. They're beefy and was able to dial back in my castor. My steering was very flighty due to low castor. These solved my problem and my rig drives great.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by golfer97

FYI. RK joints are fully rebuildable as well. And they are "maintenance free" for years so no worrying about greasing them every few thousand miles. RK changed their joints last year and everyone I've spoken to that understands eingineering (I don't) says that the RK joints are some of the best out there.

I get zero squeaks from mine. I run the X-Factor so I have all 8 control arms. As far as beefiest is concerned, if I ever bend or break one of these arms, it will be the least of my problems. LOL!! They are heavy duty.
Haha I would love to see what happens to the rest of my Jeep if I ever bend one of those control arms
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the 2.5 max travel and love the entire thing.... If you ever bend a rk arm, chances are there is nothing left of your jeep, they make stock arms look like noodles! Here is a quick pic flexed on an rti ramp.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121014_062036.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	377915  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

i just got a set of RK LCAs today, i have OME HD 2" on JKU with no added weights, so it's most likely 2.5" right now. what adjustments needed to be made? measurements?

Last edited by amel22; 10-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Topkicker1
Got a RK 2.5 lift with the high clearance LCA's. They're beefy and was able to dial back in my castor. My steering was very flighty due to low castor. These solved my problem and my rig drives great.

x2... I added the RK adjustable LCA's and trackbar to my TF 2.5" lift and it's night and day difference in steering. No more wandering all over the road for me. I picked mine up from JeepAdOns and had a great customer service experience. IMHO all 2.5" kits should come with these!!

Quick Reply: rock crawler front lower control arms...any good?